• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Simon Packs a Punch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Simon Packs a Punch

February 20, 2009 by Luke Stampini

If a hard hitting safety is what your school is looking for, go no further than Palm Beach Lakes’ Johnnie Simon. At 6-foot, 175-pounds he sure packs some pop, and this was best displayed when Simon blew up Glades Central’s Antwon Chisholm on a swing pass this past fall.

“I get a lot of big hits, but I’m real quick too so I can get to the sideline to break up balls,†said Simon.

Simon runs the forty in the 4.5 range and does an excellent job coming up and supporting the run. The 2010 prospect still wants to improve in those areas.

“I want to improve on my strength and my speed,†said Simon. “I need to get better in that.â€

USF made a verbal offer to Simon a couple months ago and has been getting interest from Virginia Tech, UCF, and Tennesse as of late. The defensive scheme a school plays will weigh heavy in Simon’s decision.

“I want to see what defense they play, if they got the safety in the box, if they blitz a lot. I like teams that play aggressive defenses.â€

Simon also has a connection to the USF program as his cousin, Danous Estenor, is an offensive lineman for the Bulls.

“I’m going to visit USF. I’m going to check out the campus because my cousin Danous goes there.â€

Simon also plans on attending the NIKE Combine in late March.

http://www.soflafootball.com/homepage-hot-news/simon-packs-a-punch

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=82093

Archived