• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its offical...Marve leaving UM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

this is a whole lot of drama. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

For clarification, Marve comitted to Alabama before his senior year at Plant HS.  Marve went on to lead Plant to 15-0 and the state championship.  At the end of the season Mike Shula was sacked at Alabama.  Presumeably because of this, Marve decided to go to UM.

Not doubting your reasoning, but I work with a big Alabama booster.  He told me that when Marve made his official visit to Alabama AFTER Saban came in, he acted like a prima donna.  He bascially wanted Saban to wait on him hand and foot and Saban didn't give Marve the time of day.  That's when Marve decided to go to UM.

Point well taken.  I did not know the details like you do.  I don't disagree with the prima donna part.  Hopefully for him his UM experience might give him some needed humility.  I heard on one of the networks that Michigan might be interested.  I don't like R Rodriguez but it would be an awesome opportunity for RM if he did have that option.  He used to live a block over from me when his folks divorced, I'll keep an ear out for any neighborly "inside" information (unlikely)  :o

<thinly veiled boast> Did I mention that Aaron Murray lives about five blocks from me.  I must be livin' in "quarterback 'hood"  </thinly veiled boast>  Having gone to Plant years ago (81) it is surreal to see the football team and players at this level of play.  I think it is a given that Murray will have zero problems of Marve's / Garcia's sort.

Archived