• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

rutgers to big ten

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

I actually think the Bowl Line up is getting a bit better.

The new BE comissioner needs to  force the Papajohns.com bowl to move to a better stadium, like Jordan-Hare or Alabama's field (don't remember the name). That will make it a bowl worthy of attending.

The St. Pete bowl just isn't going to work. I appreciate that they gave us a new bowl right in the area, a lower tier bowl for more revenue, but if  USF can't sell out the stadium, no other team will. Period. If they really wanted to make it work, they'd have to move it to RJS and give it better promotions. That and see about getting an opponent from the Big 12. For some reason, the Big East has no Big 12 tie ins.

One of the other things the Big East needs to see about doing is renegotiating with Syracuse. They're holding up on the basketball end, but in the football end they're getting blown away. It's going to take a very strong recruiter coach to give them some chance of success. USF needs to start talking to Buffalo about entering the conference, but the concern there is that will hurt Syracuse's efforts to rebound and become a better football team, not to mention Buffalo is really an unknown quantity on the basketball end.

I'm surprised the guy forgot to mention the Gator Bowl. That's a very good bowl that has a Big East tie in against the ACC, and it makes a lot of Geographic sense. When a Big East team is in, it's essentially a step lower than the Orange Bowl and I think in the future we will see USF go there more often. As the ACC gets stronger, that'll produce matchups against Miami, FSU, and Georgia Tech. Those are all teams that will make for a great game.

I think it' sjust a matter of time. We'll get some great games sin the near future and things will begin to balance out.

This bowl season is key. If the BE can go 4-1, that will raise our standing in the eyes of the rest of the country.

Archived