• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If BJ isnt redshirted, why didnt we see him today?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

can someone please give me an explanation for why he didnt get any playing time during the blowout?  instead, we put in our SENIOR BACKUP QB (grant gregory), which does nothing for getting BJ playing time and experience.

i'm under the impression that you don't redshirt freshman in an effort to get them significant playing time because: a) they are good enough to start, or B) you want to get them playing time during garbage time at the end of blowout games.

to me, we are wasting a year of eligibility by not playing him and getting him real life reps.  and i dont wanna hear all the garbage about how we are seeking a medical redshirt for him now.  that is an idiotic move, IMHO.  if that was the case, we should have redshirted him and then taken the redshirt off in and emergency situation.  the way we've handled BJ's eligibility is a complete sign of mismanagement.

• Content Count:  637

uh, we're hoping to get him a medical redshirt.

and since we lost out on eugene smith most likely, hopefully we get it...

UHHH, do you realize getting him a redshirt after the season has already started is more difficult and more troublesome than REDSHIRTING HIM FROM THE BEGINNING and taking off his redshirt in the case of an emergency situation???

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

can someone please give me an explanation for why he didnt get any playing time during the blowout?  instead, we put in our SENIOR BACKUP QB (grant gregory), which does nothing for getting BJ playing time and experience.

i'm under the impression that you don't redshirt freshman in an effort to get them significant playing time because: a) they are good enough to start, or B) you want to get them playing time during garbage time at the end of blowout games.

to me, we are wasting a year of eligibility by not playing him and getting him real life reps.  and i dont wanna hear all the garbage about how we are seeking a medical redshirt for him now.  that is an idiotic move, IMHO.  if that was the case, we should have redshirted him and then taken the redshirt off in and emergency situation.  the way we've handled BJ's eligibility is a complete sign of mismanagement.

no one can give you an explanation because it doesnt exist

yours truly  said we should have redshirted bj from day one but i was shouted down by no it alls here.after he played i opined how dumb it was.

why i love leavitt and this board?i am a friggin genius here

leavitt is a terrible coach and needs to go

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UHHH, do you realize getting him a redshirt after the season has already started is more difficult and more troublesome than REDSHIRTING HIM FROM THE BEGINNING and taking off his redshirt in the case of an emergency situation???

how can you get a medical redshirt?

when was he  hurt?

isnt he going to play basketball against my advice?

UHHH, yes it would've been easier to redshirt him without giving him snaps. However, the plan NOW is to redshirt him, playing him will not allow us to continue the charade of the 'injury' to get his redshirt that we should've just done from the beginning.

how can you get a medical redshirt?

when was he  hurt?

isnt he going to play basketball against my advice?

they're going for one because his "wrist" is hurt.

and apprently he's going to begin practicing for bball after the fb season is over (before the potential bowl game).

i'm not sure how anyone thinks the ncaa will buy this farce, there's no way he's hurt (or he wouldn't be playing bball in a month)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,064
  • Days Won:  469

I'm guessing the injury case is that it has prevented him from playing over the last two months, not preventing him from playing next month.

UHHH, yes it would've been easier to redshirt him without giving him snaps. However, the plan NOW is to redshirt him, playing him will not allow us to continue the charade of the 'injury' to get his redshirt that we should've just done from the beginning.

that's stupid and its a wasted year of eligibility.  unless they plan on redshirting him NEXT year (which is even more stupid, considering gregory will graduate this year and BJ is gonna be our backup), this year has gone wasted for BJ unless he gets some real-time snaps.  situations like today, where there was nothing else to do but get the youngsters some playing time, are the times to do that.. which is why i am asking why we didnt.

instead, our staff is using the most ridiculous logic i've ever heard of and played him a little, THEN seeks the redshirt.  if you're not gonna play him (which they arent doing), REDSHIRT HIM.  if you are gonna get him some quality time, dont redshirt him and PUT HIM IN.

^ I think we anticipated playing him more.

That, and we may've promised him some immediate playing time in order to get him here.

Archived