• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which would you rather.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, I think the playbook is at leat two pages.  But there are only 3 plays per page...  lol

Seriously though, I'd rather have a banged up Offense. 

Defenses win championships, the Bucs proved that in the past.   We grew up on our Defense, hell, we have never had an offense.  WEve had some players, but never a solid offense.  Until last year.  We showed signs of a great qb, some good (though inconsistent) receivers, and a hint of a running game by committee.  Then injuries to the OL took their toll and our season dipped a bit.

Give me a solid D and I'll show you a team that has a chance to win virtually every game...

That's in the NFL. This is college football. Give me a potent offense with a great quarterback and you can put up crazy numbers on any defense.

Does the offense suck that bad? Really? I didn't know 450 ypg sucked that bad along with 33.5 ppg. That would make us a Top 20 offense.

I guess because of Grothe's improve skills that's why we're putting up so much yardage. If the players executed the plays in the playbook we would be that much more dominating. While I agree that we could be better on offense, I think the blame has to be on the players for not executing at critical times.

Gregory's offenses are famous for racking up huge numbers against crappy defenses.

Examples from this season:

1) UT Martin (seriously...just awful)

2) UCF (one of Conference DOA's best teams....nuff said)

3) KU (great offense, not so great defense)

4) FIU (worst team in D-1)

And yet, how many yards & points did we rack up against FIU?

Tell you what...let's wait and see how Gregory's gameplans against the likes of Cincy & UConn play out.

FIU is the second worst team in D-1

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Last year our offense was banged up. This year it seems to be our defense.

Which would you rather have?

Injured offense or Defense?

--For me it would be to have an injured defense, because as long as your offense can keep it up and put points on the board you will be in the game. Look at Texas Tech!

defense

seems easier to plug in new players

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, Grothe is a much improved passer thus far. Also, I don't see out WR's dropping as many passes either. Let's also look at who we have put the points up against. UTM, UCF, FIU, and the only respectable one KU. Gregory only seems to call the right plays in for 1 quarter of the football game. The rest of the time he just tries to NOT lose!

Turnovers kill an offense no matter how talented you are....we fumbled twice in the red zone against FIU....is that the OC's fault? we should have gotten 2 TDs in the process and the game would have been a more respectable 31-7 (We had no business giving up a safety to FIU)

So Grothe's increase in numbers have nothing to do with Gregory's play calling?

So when the offense is doing great, its because Grothe is doing all of the work, but when it stalls its the OC's fault....delusional!!!

We're averaging 190 ypg rushing, which is decent. For us to be firing on all cylinders, we need to average 215 ypg on the ground along with our passing numbers.

I think despite the off-season work of our o-lineman, I think they are playing too soft.

Archived