• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Will the "Plancher Issue" Affect ucIF This Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Let me start this by reiterating that I hate what has happened, a young man full of promise was taken from the world long before he should have.  Furthermore, this is not meant to be an indictment of ucIF, or their handling of the "issue".  However, history has shown that most schools that lose an athlete in this manner will have negative effects upon their program.  USF did not last year, and I think that's a testament to how our program handled the situation.  How will this affect ucIF's football season?

I think it will have a negative impact on the team.  In fact, given what we're seeing happen, I think this could potentially be the tip of the iceberg, and that GOL might just be gone after the season's over.  I think the first three games will determine whether or not the team, the individuals, and the coaches can be a cohesive unit.  Thier first game is against a cupcake, and it will be interesting to see if GOL can get the team motivated.  If he can, and can get everything that's going on turned around, and he somehow beats USF, then everything might be alright.  However, if USF repeats last year, its gonna melt down in Orlando before they even see BC on the field.

Guest pascobull

It will be interesting to watch for sure. Teams either use something like this to rally around and dedicate everything to or it becomes something they can't shake. Personally I hope they go 13-1 and honor a good kid like that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

no telling.. it could destroy or bring together the bunch.. It is probably good it happened in spring rather than the fall.  Gives almost 5 mos for healing to happen.

Archived