• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterbacks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

the Bulls have some intriguing possibilities, including Georgia Tech transfer Patrick Carter, of Lakewood, and Reserve (La.) East St. John's Ryan Perrilloux, rated the nation's No. 1 high school quarterback.  

USF is among several schools Carter is considering.  

``I'd love to play for Coach [Jim] Leavitt,'' Carter said. ``He was the first coach I contacted [after leaving Tech]. He told me I would have to compete with some great athletes [at USF], but said the best players will play. That's all I want.''  

Carter also is considering several other schools and said he will not make a decision until after National Signing Day to get an idea what schools are deep at quarterback.  

A redshirt freshman, Carter was Tech's leading punt returner (8.4 yard average). He will have to sit out the 2005 season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. At Lakewood, he was rated among the nation's top 20 QB recruits.  

Perrilloux, rated the nation's top QB by at least two recruiting services, told The Times- Picayune of New Orleans he's considering taking an official visit to USF. Perrilloux verbally committed to Texas, but may be wavering after UT assistant Michael Haywood, instrumental in Perrilloux's recruitment, recently was named offensive coordinator at Notre Dame.  

``If Ryan wants to change his mind, that's fine,`` Phillip Breaux, Perrilloux's stepfather told The Times-Picayune. ``He doesn't owe [Texas coach] Mack Brown a thing.``  

The Bulls also have a commitment from Lake Gibson's Matt Grothe, the Class 4A Player of the Year; Auburn transfer Courtney Denson, a SuperPrep All-American, will be eligible this fall after sitting out last season. Starter Pat Julmiste also returns.  

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBWA2ZAM3E.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

RECRUITING UPDATE: Carlton Hill, the Monticello quarterback who committed to USF in August, then backed off in November and was strongly considering Miami, now looks to be close to committing to the Bulls again. "He's definitely leaning toward South Florida," Jefferson County coach Jeff Schaum said Tuesday. "He's heard a lot of things from a lot of schools, but USF has been steady in telling him the same things."

Hill will make an official visit to USF on Jan. 21 with his mother, then likely choose between the Bulls and Hurricanes. Both have made scholarship offers.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/12/Sports/Frosh_playing_big_rol.shtml