• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks for your hospitality!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I have spent a bit of time here over the last few weeks and appreciate that, beyond a little good-natured ribbing and the continual pictures of a Rubber Ducky being crushed by a tire, , no one really flamed me.  As you might imagine, our team's resurrection yesterday, after wandering in the wilderness since the loss of Dennis Dixon, made for a very Happy New Year for we Duck fans.  It took a giant monkey off our back, as we had not won a bowl game for a number of years.  Our offensive coordinator put together an innovative bunch of plays (hey, we had never seen most of those plays before ourselves) and we got outstanding play from a whole lot of our players, from a QB getting his first start, to All World Jonathon Stewart, to whoever made All American Selvie disappear for the winter game, our team was out to prove that it amounted to more than just Dennis Dixon and the Dwarves.  I don't think Duck fans are going to take anything away from the season The Bulls had or the resurgence of the Big East these last couple of years.  But, I did want to give you a look at a column that ran in today's Portland Oregonian.  Now, the columnist, Canzano, is widely considered to be an idiot by Oregon AND Oregon State fans and today's column is one of those where he proves that he fits the description.  He rags hard on your team and your league, consigning your fine wins over Auburn and West Virginia to the can where Ohio State's wins over Akron, Youngstown State, and Kent State belong. As I said:  an idiot!  I hope Mr. Canzano hears from a few USF fans.  Again, thank you for the friendly parrying I found here and good luck to The Bulls next year.  http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1199161512105830.xml&coll=7

Archived