• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How about these Big East Officials

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

And I GUARANTEE you that if it was Rutgers or WV on the other side of this coin, it would have been handled differently in game and post game.

• Content Count:  1,757

Traghesse(sp?) and his boys are crooked.  No wonder UM/BC/VT left the conference.  If they are this blatent in the public eye, then what's going on behind closed doors in the Big East office?  Maybe the Feds should pay some closer attention to the business dealings of our conference president and his gang of cheating officials.   

• Content Count:  358

Every conference has bad refs.  Been hearing about bad calls in the SEC for years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

There really must have been a crack vending machine in the Rutgers referee locker room.

In the Big East offices too, for Trangreasy to say that the right call was made on the FG block.

I am still not sure.  Did he say the call was correct?  Or that it was correct to review the play?  I don't have a problem with them reviewing the play, but it sure would be nice to have an explanation as to what the replay official saw that caused him to overturn the TD. 

I think all of us on here are saying the same thing about 20 different ways.  We are not saying "what if", because the game is over and we move forward.  But instead we are asking "please tell us why" you think it should have been overturned.  Where is the video evidence?

bulldad10's point is the same that I addressed somewhere else.  I understood Tranghese's comment to support the review of the play, not the decision to overturn. 

• Content Count:  27

The biggest problem with the fair catch call is people like Chris Spielman saying, "Play until the whistle." I understand most circumstances but that Louisville player had a free shot to absolutely unload on that guy and had to stop himself because the dude made a fake signal.

When you are running full speed and someone makes a fake fair catch call, you have to stop all your momentum, then start back up after the ref's decide NOT to blow a whistle and then chase him. That changes the whole outlook of a punt return and definitely changes the way to cover a punt because they don't blow the whistle 'til after the player makes the catch.

Archived