• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On a good note, the Rutgers gameday experience was awesome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

when i go on road trips, its not just for the game, but to get a feel for the away team's gameday experience, and i thought RU's was awesome.  i went with 2 other RU alum, and we parked in downtown new brunswick and took the shuttles to the stadium.  however, on the way back, the line for the shuttles was ridiculous, so we walked from the stadium back to the new brunswick campus and i was given more or less a walking tour of the campus, at what was one of the craziest nights to be an RU student. 

we walked across the bridge through college ave and easton ave.  they took me to the infamous grease trucks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_Trucks and got a Fat Darrell, which was freaking awesome.  on easton, with all the bars and drunk RU fans, NO ONE gave me trouble.  i had a green jersey on and i saw NO USF fans out there, and i never heard anything derogative... maybe the occassional, "bad day to wear green, man!".. or "dude, you're about to get ambushed".. but everyone didnt mind.  some even said, "you guys got a great team" and "sorry about tonight man, enjoy the fat darrell".. i feel like i needed to point this out, because, in my opinion, i was in MUCH of a hostile environment than the stadium, but right smack dab in the middle of the RU campus, in the belly of the beast, and it was all good.  don't get me wrong, i felt out of place with my green, but no one made it a point to rub in it.

Archived