• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tonights game was a painfull reminder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  155
  • Days Won:  0

I have been a die hard USF fan and alumni from the beginning... USF has come lightyears in a short time.

Tonights game was an unfortunate reminder that we have had way too many close calls this season. Yes we have  won... but we have struggled

We have gotten very lucky this year... our luck ran out. Penalties, mistakes, and an offensive line that is borderline asleep finally caught up with us.

These kids are talented... more so than you or I, but the truth is that as good as grothe is, sooner or later he was going to run outof luck and start paying for "not getting rid of the ball"... it happened tonight.

We have been winning games on Defense... but that cant last forever.

I am still very proud of "MY" team. We still have a shot at a BCS bowl game... but inconsistency is our kryptonite

For a #2 team, we didnt show it tonight. Point blank. When the polls are re-aligned, whether deserved or not, we are going to take a brutal beating. probably 15 or below... just because we are USF and not one of the percieved "big boys"

Maybe it is good that this happend. This is a painfull lesson for us. We need to get consistant and learn quick... there is little room for error. There is no room for 8 or 10 penalties a game. There is little room for mistakes and inconsistancy... at least in the top 25 world of college ball.

We have come a long way...we got a taste of life at the top of the food chain... there are a ton of expectations up there... we didnt live up to them.

I have said my peace... now i am going to go be depressed for a few days. Practice hard my beloved Bulls... Dont let this turn into a multi-loss "Bulls implode" headline...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I have been a die hard USF fan and alumni from the beginning... USF has come lightyears in a short time.

Tonights game was an unfortunate reminder that we have had way too many close calls this season. Yes we have  won... but we have struggled

We have gotten very lucky this year... our luck ran out. Penalties, mistakes, and an offensive line that is borderline asleep finally caught up with us.

These kids are talented... more so than you or I, but the truth is that as good as grothe is, sooner or later he was going to run outof luck and start paying for "not getting rid of the ball"... it happened tonight.

We have been winning games on Defense... but that cant last forever.

I am still very proud of "MY" team. We still have a shot at a BCS bowl game... but inconsistency is our kryptonite

For a #2 team, we didnt show it tonight. Point blank. When the polls are re-aligned, whether deserved or not, we are going to take a brutal beating. probably 15 or below... just because we are USF and not one of the percieved "big boys"

Maybe it is good that this happend. This is a painfull lesson for us. We need to get consistant and learn quick... there is little room for error. There is no room for 8 or 10 penalties a game. There is little room for mistakes and inconsistancy... at least in the top 25 world of college ball.

We have come a long way...we got a taste of life at the top of the food chain... there are a ton of expectations up there... we didnt live up to them.

I have said my peace... now i am going to go be depressed for a few days. Practice hard my beloved Bulls... Dont let this turn into a multi-loss "Bulls implode" headline...

Are you sure you didn't hear me say this before I have been saying this since the Auburn game, but people wouldn't listen.  You hit the nail right on the head.  Our fans have gotten used to the team playing sloppy football and pulling out the win at the end, which is exciting, but living on the edge like that can't be done all season.  The expectations should never have been that high if anyone was watching the games objectively. 

Archived