• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive game plan for next two games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I know we are all concerned about the short week going to Rutgers after UCF. I think this is the best time though since we are basically facing the same offense with the two schools. Both will try to run to set up the big play with the pass. At least we don't have to reset our entire defensive mind-set after Saturday's game to get ready for Thursday.

As for last week, I think FAU surprised us a bit with their running game. I think we were expecting them to try to throw the ball all over the place on us. Also, they were rolling Smith right to avoid Selvie. That had our D sliding right a bit, and then they would run left on us. Kept us off balance all day in my opinion. Great playcalling by their OC.

For the next two games, I am just hoping that T Williams and M Jenkins can make it through two games in 6 days and still be able to keep up with the RU receivers in the 4th quarter on Thursday. If they can keep playing well, we should be fine as I think we will be completely prepared to stop the run.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

[move]STOP THE RUN[/move]

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I know we are all concerned about the short week going to Rutgers after UCF. I think this is the best time though since we are basically facing the same offense with the two schools. Both will try to run to set up the big play with the pass. At least we don't have to reset our entire defensive mind-set after Saturday's game to get ready for Thursday.

As for last week, I think FAU surprised us a bit with their running game. I think we were expecting them to try to throw the ball all over the place on us. Also, they were rolling Smith right to avoid Selvie. That had our D sliding right a bit, and then they would run left on us. Kept us off balance all day in my opinion. Great playcalling by their OC.

For the next two games, I am just hoping that T Williams and M Jenkins can make it through two games in 6 days and still be able to keep up with the RU receivers in the 4th quarter on Thursday. If they can keep playing well, we should be fine as I think we will be completely prepared to stop the run.

Rutgers has 2 games in 6 days too. 

Its going to be a challenge for the corners since we'll have to focus so much energy stopping smith/rice.

But i think they are up to the challenge.

Archived