• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1470 AM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I was listening to 1470 AM @ around 5:00pm and Steve Brantley was on and they had a guest speaker who was basically bashing the Big East

and saying that they weren't better than the ACC, I don't have a problem with him saying that, it's his opinion. He then called the Big East top 3, middleweights and then Steve Brantley stopped him and said c'mon now, its not just a top 3 in the Big East, you have to consider USF as part of the top 4.

Then the guy said that USF hasn't proved anything and then he said "where are all their fans?" Nobody calls in to the radio show to talk about USF, does anybody care about them...blah blah blah.

He then proceeded to say that Brett McMurphy covers the Bulls great...I chuckled because he's not friend to USF. Greg Auman is the true beat writer for USF, but I guess McMurphy has been on the radio talking us up, but he hasn't done this in the past.

I was pissed to say the least, I encourage everyone to call in and talk USF football and help raise awareness. When the Bucs falter this year, Tampa will be looking to cheer for winner, I hope the Bulls step it up and have a monster year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

I was listening to 1470 AM @ around 5:00pm and Steve Brantley was on and they had a guest speaker who was basically bashing the Big East and saying that they weren't better than the ACC, I don't have a problem with him saying that, it's his opinion.

That's ex-Buc Scot Brantley and are you sure it was a "guest speaker"? Sounds like just a clueless caller ...

Archived