• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN three year ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

http://cfn.scout.com/2/662751.html

Anybody see this?  They have Auburn at #3, South Florida at #70. 

I know Auburn is considered one of football's elite teams, but I did not expect to see them ranked that high!

• Content Count:  358

Here's a recap of the relevant information:

Quick Explanation of Scores

- Attendance: Home attendance average over the last three years divided by 10,000. Avg. Score: 4.32

- APR: The most recently released Academic Performance Rate. Avg. Score: 5.66

- Quality Wins: Wins over D-I teams that finished with a winning record. Avg. Score: 5.56

- Total Wins: Wins over D-I teams. Avg. Score: 17.13

- Players Drafted: Number of players drafted divided by two. Avg. Score: 5.85

- Conference Win %: Conference winning percentage times 10. Avg. Score: 5.00

- Elite Wins: Wins over D-I teams that finished with two losses or fewer, or on the road over teams that finished with three losses or fewer. Add an additional 0.5 for an Elite Win over a two-loss team on the road. Avg. Score: 0.80

- Bad Losses: Losses to teams that finished with four wins or fewer, or any loss to a non-D-I team. Subtract each loss from the overall total. Subtract an additional 0.5 for each bad loss at home. Avg. Score: 1.22

3. Auburn

Score: 85.16

2006 Ranking: 9    2005 Ranking: 12

2004 Ranking: 17  2003 Ranking: 17

Program Analysis: Others might have more wins, and others have more Quality Wins, but the Elite Win Score of eight is one better than USC, and four more than anyone else. This team brings it against the best. Just as impressive is the top APR Score; this team brings it in the classroom, too. Unfortunately, the ranking might go down after losing the 13-0 2004 season in the equation next year.

Attendance Score: 8.41

2006: 85,063  2005: 84,161  2004: 83,085

APR Score: 10

Total D-I Wins from 2004-2006: 31

Quality Wins from 2004-2006: 12

2006: LSU, at South Carolina, Florida, Nebraska (Cotton Bowl)

2005: South Carolina, at Georgia, Alabama

2004: LSU, at Tennessee, Georgia, Tennessee (SEC Championship), Virginia Tech (Sugar Bowl)

Players Drafted Score from 2004-2007: 14

2007: OG Ben Grubbs, RB Kenny Irons, LB Wil Herring, DB David Irons, WR Courtney Taylor

2006: OT Marcus McNeil, WR Devin Aromashodu, DE Stanley McClover, WR Ben Obamanu

2005: RB Ronnie Brown, RB Carnell Williams, DB Carlos Rogers, QB Jason Campbell, DE Jay Ratliff

Conference Winning % Score from 2004-2006: 8.75

Elite Win Score: 8  2006: LSU, Florida  2005: at Georgia, Alabama  2004: at Tennessee, Georgia, Tennessee (SEC Championship), Virginia Tech (Sugar Bowl)

Bad Losses:

70. South Florida

Score: 34.20

2006 Ranking: 74  2005 Ranking: 65

2004 Ranking: 59  2003 Ranking: 79

Attendance Score:  3.20

APR Score:  4

Draft: 1

Wins: 16

Quality Wins: 6

Elite Wins: 1

Bad Losses: 1.5

Conf: 5.00

TOTAL: 33.20  

Program Analysis: This seems stunningly low, and this will probably be the last time the program is here for a while after losing a 4-7 2004 season with a bad home loss to Army off next year's rankings. The Attendance Score is hardly befitting a team that's competing with the best in the Big East, and the Draft Score seems too low. Wins, wins and more wins will make USF as strong in these rankings as it'll be on the field over the next few years.

• Content Count:  993

i am a little confused as to why we were 74th last year but 59th in 2004, that doesn't seem quite right.  at any rate we have two very likely draftees this year, correct?  and with big home games against louisville, ucf, wvu, and unc plus the higher expectations that number should also go up.

Archived