• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

my rutgers buddies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

are feeling their oats

they really believe they are a top 10 team

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

My fellow Rutgers alums have reason to be optimistic. On the recruiting front, they've done a better job than us of capitalizing on last year. As well, they might be in the running for the ND QB who is transferring, as well as a top notch DT for next year. Ray Rice is returning for a possible Heisman campaign (it's been a longtime since a kid playing down the street from the Downtown Athletic Club was a candidate). They were also able to keep Schiano which is another biggie.

That said, I think it's fair to say that top 10 is a bit too high, just as putting USF in the top 20 is too high at this point. Although they performed very well last year, neither school is fielding teams with all-world talent just yet...and perhaps more importantly...neither school has an out of conference victory against a quality opponent. (not entirely their fault..but it is what it is)

Should Rutgers beats Maryland convincingly early on..and USF show well against Auburn...then there is more substance to the arguments.... I've said it before and I'll say it again..these schools are ripe for becoming the rivals to each other that both need.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

My fellow Rutgers alums have reason to be optimistic. On the recruiting front, they've done a better job than us of capitalizing on last year. As well, they might be in the running for the ND QB who is transferring, as well as a top notch DT for next year. Ray Rice is returning for a possible Heisman campaign (it's been a longtime since a kid playing down the street from the Downtown Athletic Club was a candidate). They were also able to keep Schiano which is another biggie.

That said, I think it's fair to say that top 10 is a bit too high, just as putting USF in the top 20 is too high at this point. Although they performed very well last year, neither school is fielding teams with all-world talent just yet...and perhaps more importantly...neither school has an out of conference victory against a quality opponent. (not entirely their fault..but it is what it is)

Should Rutgers beats Maryland convincingly early on..and USF show well against Auburn...then there is more substance to the arguments.... I've said it before and I'll say it again..these schools are ripe for becoming the rivals to each other that both need.

not so fast

their schedule is easier than ours

and we will see how well they play when teams are now prepparing for them

Archived