• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I was on the Green Monster last night!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

... to watch the BoSox shut down the Dodgers, 4-1.  Pokey's grab was incredible!

These seats are the BEST!  Just fantastic.  The only complaint I had was that you're high up and the wind is pretty nasty, so on a cool night the temperature is magnified.

I'll post some pics I took up there when I get home and unload the camera.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

nice!   i thought you had tix for july, not june?  i guess i read your old post wrong.

Must have been completely awesome.  Too bad Nomar didn't send one up your way.

nice!   i thought you had tix for july, not june?  i guess i read your old post wrong.

Must have been completely awesome.  Too bad Nomar didn't send one up your way.

I ended up buying for June due to scheduling.

Long story here... I ended up selling them on Ebay because I wasn't going to be able to go.  I made $1400 for the 4 tix, which was pretty sweet.

One of the pairs of tickets I sent up got LOST by the F*$#ing USPS.  In order to get them reprinted, I had to SHOW UP IN PERSON and have them reprinted.  Kinda tough to do from Tampa.

I got a cheap flight up and bought a bleacher ticket, thinking I'll go up, get the tix, close the deal with the guy in Boston, and catch the game from the Bleachers... everything went smooth, I got all 4 tickets reprinted (even though the other two weren't lost), and I got into the park no problem.

Then a light went off... ding ding... since I have the two EXTRA Monster tix and they don't scan the barcodes, why not try and get up on the Monster to at least stand and watch the game?

I did.  Worked like a charm!  The best part was, the guy who bought my OTHER tickets (and paid $650 for them) DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP!!!  I sat in his seat all night and watched a great game.

Gotta love it!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Man, hopefully some of your luck rubs off on the Sox come october and the stankies fall apart, as i suspect they will.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

Did you notice ESPN interviewing fans during the game? My dad went to the game and my cousin called me as espn was interviewing my dad in fenway around the 5th inning.  I believe they were in the new section in right field.

Did you notice ESPN interviewing fans during the game? My dad went to the game and my cousin called me as espn was interviewing my dad in fenway around the 5th inning.  I believe they were in the new section in right field.

I didn't see any ESPN guys up near us, but we were in the Center Field-most section of the Monster (M10) and were kind of shut off from the rest of the section.

Still, a great experience nonetheless.  I have the game TiVo'd and I'll look for that interview.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't see any ESPN guys up near us, but we were in the Center Field-most section of the Monster (M10) and were kind of shut off from the rest of the section.

Still, a great experience nonetheless.  I have the game TiVo'd and I'll look for that interview.

I didnt miss much of the game if any so I doubt it was aired but maybe I did miss somehow. It certainly was not a live interview. At least you got to see a win and Pedro.