• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ja’baris Little Possible Future TE with USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Florida TE Has Pack in Top Five  

By Steve Williams

Football Recruiting Analyst

Posted Apr 7, 2007

Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, Fla is one of the Sunshine State’s best when it comes to churning out division one football talent. In the class of 2007 alone, at least seven Trojan’s players inked with division one schools. NC State has eyed one of that program’s top players for the class of 2008 and he already boasts a couple of early scholarships.

Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, Fla is one of the Sunshine State’s best when it comes to churning out division one football talent. In the class of 2007 alone, at least seven Trojan’s players inked with division one schools. NC State has eyed one of that program’s top players for the class of 2008 and he already boasts a couple of early scholarships.

Ja’baris Little proved to be a versatile player for Lincoln in 2006- lining up at several positions although tight end may his future position in college.

"I’ve started on varsity for two years," said Little. "I played in Georgia my freshman year and then transferred to Lincoln for my sophomore year. I’m not exactly sure what my stats were last year but I know I had five touchdowns. I played tight end but they also had me play running back, fullback, defensive end and long snapper."

At 6-3, 220 pounds with 4.61-second speed in the 40-yard dash, Little won’t have trouble getting attention from division one coaches as Lincoln is a favorite stopping off point for nearly every college that recruits Florida. However, a few schools have gotten off to an early start with the rising senior.

"Right now I’m hearing from Georgia, South Florida, Alabama, NC State, Miami, Tennessee, Southern Miss, Ohio and Ohio State," said Little. "So far, I’ve got offers from USF and Alabama."

While NC State has yet to offer, they have caught Little’s eye just by the volume of mail they’ve sent.

"I’d say USF, Alabama and NC State are recruiting me the hardest," he said. "NC State really sends me a lot of mail. They invited me up to junior day but I wasn’t able to make it."

While still early in the recruiting process, Little has put together a top five list and he broke down three of those schools for Pack Pride.

"Right now, my top schools are South Florida, Clemson, NC State, Georgia and Alabama," he said. "My cousin, Carlton Hill, goes to South Florida. I really like the coaches there and they all seem pretty cool.

"I like the tradition at NC State. I know some of the players that have gone up there and I just like the school.

"Marcus Stroud is my cousin and he played there. I’ve always been a fan of Georgia and grew up following them and watching them on TV."

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=633589

• Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

glad to be in that "recruiting the hardest" category.  Sounds like we're doing something right.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

c. hill...hope he makes it back to campus...and then stays!

Archived