• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you feel about this??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

And I still have no clue how rooting for a black coach is racist. Discriminatory as the VERY most, but hardly even that. If a black coach winning is something that's never or seldom been done in a sport, it is fundamentally equivalent to rooting for a team or an athlete to break a world record or make another such milestone.

Thank you, you get it. I used to root for Chi Chi Rodriguez in golf. Was I being racist? Hell no. I was just proud that one of my own was even playing in the PGA. That's all. Why can't I be happy that I have someone to look up to? Geez, again, I'm still waiting for the outrage over Imus's comments. That alone is sad, we are here saying that is racist for a black to root for a black coach that could achieve a milestone, but nothing but silence about Imus's comments.

Black rooting for Black coach = Bad, we need to be colorblind

Don Imus calling the R girls "nappy headed hos" = non-story, no comments.

By the way, LDB, I don't like the NFL policy because it ends up setting people up for interviews just to comply with requirements. I rather not get a call, than getting just a token interview, if MLB had a similar policy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,363

I think the spirit behind the Rooney rule is that best case, organizations will interview someone they otherwise might not have, be pleasantly surprised, and hire someone that may not have otherwise gotten the time of day. How it probably ends up happening more realistically is that someone sees someone they were "forced" to interview, realize thay they're pretty good, and even if they don't hire them, they can talk to their buddies about this individual who may now get a legitimate shot elsewhere.

• Content Count:  1,981

I think the spirit behind the Rooney rule is that best case, organizations will interview someone they otherwise might not have, be pleasantly surprised, and hire someone that may not have otherwise gotten the time of day. How it probably ends up happening more realistically is that someone sees someone they were "forced" to interview, realize thay they're pretty good, and even if they don't hire them, they can talk to their buddies about this individual who may now get a legitimate shot elsewhere.

It makes sense when you put it that way.

Archived