• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC Tournament yesterday........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

This sux, the final game is blacked out on ESPN.

Because ESPN was not broadcasting the entire ACC conference tournament.  WTOG (channel 4 on Brighthouse) has shown every game this weekend.  The game is on right now.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

This sux, the final game is blacked out on ESPN.

Because ESPN was not broadcasting the entire ACC conference tournament.  WTOG (channel 4 on Brighthouse) has shown every game this weekend.  The game is on right now.

ESPNHD is broadcasting but not in Tampa. I can't get the HD signal for most locals so that's why it sux for me.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Amazing to me how the ACC could manage to have the tournament here but when we where in C-USA for some strange reason USF was never allowed to host the tournament.

From what I've heard, ACC ended up in Tampa because F$U threatened to fly (back when their football was dominant) if the basketball tournament didn't come down to Florida.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Amazing to me how the ACC could manage to have the tournament here but when we where in C-USA for some strange reason USF was never allowed to host the tournament.

cusa was  and is a poorly run conference

tampa can be a great sports city

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I got two tickets today for a wonderfully played final for $25, and enjoyed every minute of it.  

Probably right about them not coming back, and that's a real shame because it was awesome for a hoops junkie like me to get 3 out of the 4 days of great basketball.  

I'll say though having been to the last 3 C-USA Tournaments when we were a member of that league, the production value and atmosphere was better in C-USA.  But the quality of basketball was certainly the best I've ever seen, just a great tournament.  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I was at the tourney on Friday night...When they played the banner before the first game, at the very end there were Bull fans that did the cheer, "....And the home of the BULLS" I had a huge smile on my face  8-)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Huh? What do you mean we were never allowed to host the C-USA tournament? You have to bid on hosting the tournament and there was a very high chance that if we ever hosted the C-USA tournament that we would have lost considerable money doing so.

Trust me there where all kinds of excuses for us not hosting but you could always count on going to Lousville,Memphis or Cincinati.  Got to know some of the bars there pretty well over the years.