• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Crazy ending to a basketball game

Guest Sprtsfn627

Guest Sprtsfn627

I wish there was video of this somewhere....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2772076

And then there was the preposterous scene in the Mid-American Conference last week, when Bowling Green (37) and Buffalo (38) got weird at the wire. Bowling Green thought it had earned a two-point victory when one official signaled the game over, and the Falcons left the court. Meanwhile, officials huddled to determine whether time remained and put six-tenths of a second back on the clock.

BGSU coach Dan Dakich (39) responded by not responding. He refused to bring his team back out of the locker room, rather unconvincingly saying later that his team already was in the shower.

After giving the Falcons every chance and then some to come out, the officials did the right thing and hit them with a two-shot technical. Yassin Idbihi (40) coolly made both foul shots to tie the game, and Buffalo went on to win in overtime.

"They absolutely [bleeping] cheated us," Dakich graciously concluded. "I don't give a [bleep], we got cheated."

In the least-surprising league action in recent memory, the MAC reprimanded Dakich for trashing the refs. (Fittingly, Dakich and his former coach and boss, Bob Knight, were reprimanded on the same day for criticizing officials.) The not-by-the-hair-on-my-chinny-chin-chin act of refusing to leave the locker room couldn't have played very well in the league office, either.

Oh how I would hate to be a Bowling Green fan after that ;D