• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women hanging in there with UCONN so far

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Please don't associate all of SBC with what Andy said.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

MagPie, you and both know how frustrating it is when that happens, which is why I was trying to demonstrate how much it sucks when the Beefstuds are misrepresented by one person who wasnt even speaking for the group....  I know Mr. BullsFan4life had no bad intentions and neither did the Studs...which is why we should all be friends and LOVE each other and our Bulls!!  haha

The football game incident last season sucked so bad because half of the people involved werent even active members...  its just something we have to deal with I guess...

-Gurly

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

By the way, when the hell did all these chants happen?  I didn't hear any of them from SBC nor the Studs.  Maybe I was too busy watching the game.  Oh well.

This hate really needs to stop though...but honestly, I just don't see it happening for some reason.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

Most were throughout the game...

the comments regarding the one horizontally challenged young lady were not until the end when they were beating us so bad they put in the backups....

-Gurly

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I believe that there is no place at any athletics event for someone who personally attacks a player.  I know that the "eat a salad" and twinkie sign was addressed and I can assure you that the people involved in that stuff wont do that again.  

Have I been guilty of saying a few things that were innappropriate at a USF sporting event, yes.  I know that it is hard to keep everything clean and I can tell you that I def tried hard not to say anything vulgar yesterday as we had two future bulls in front of us.

As a very active board member of SBC I would love to be able to join the Beef Studs and Bullies together.  I think it would be great to have two student groups that love USF and were able to join to promote more school spirit.

There is def more things that must be done for not just both organizations but the whole student population to make athletic events more appropriate for everyone.  But to everyone in attendance, some students are trying.  I thank gurly for helping to clean up the Beef Studs b/c I can honestly say that I have seen a difference.  I just hope that the changes happening for both clubs can provide some leadership for the rest of the students and fans.

GO BULLS!

Guest r_to_the_izzo

If we can get together that would be wonderful. I know at the last mens game, I asked them to help me start ragging on a student who showed up in a Gayturds shirt, only for them to turn and ignore.

The problem is they have a bad rap from before and that is going to be tough to shake. I was sitting on the other end of the section and didnt here any of the chants, nor did I see Geno run over there.

I just think that it is very high school like that our groups can't come together.  We are at the sporting events for the same reasons, to support the Bulls.  I hope to see the Beef Studs out at the baseball game next week.

I am going to disagree with a lot of people here.

or a yellow Bullies shirt

They are gold...but I know hat you are getting at.   ;)

Brit I agree with everything you said and I think these to orgs need to get on the same page with each other.

It is fine to make fun of other teams to a certain extent but some of the stuff that I heard about from the Pitt game and the UCONN game is just uncalled for.

We def have some work to do and I am talking all fans in that statement.

Also I don't believe that this would have been such a big deal (even tho it is) except for the fact it was a womens game.  People are accustomed to hearing that at a football game but not so much at a womens b-ball game.  

Board members please give suggestions on how we can handle this situation and show fans how to cheer the right way.