• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did we want any of these guy's?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Have any local players committed to USF?

Are we getting our pick of the top local talent?

EFFERSON TRIO COMMITS: Jefferson senior offensive/defensive lineman Mike Williams, defensive lineman Demarcus Cleveland and tight end Byron McLeod verbally committed to play for Middle Tennessee State University after weekend visits.

The Dragons join Armwood running back Marquise Branton, Armwood receiver Deondre Kyles, Berkeley Prep offensive lineman Colin Boss and Kathleen quarterback Dominique Davis as Bay area athletes who have decided to play for the Blue Raiders.

"I've been up there a couple of times and really enjoyed the campus. I'm looking to major in criminal justice and liked the programs they offered," Boss said. "With all the guys from around here going there, it's going to be a great four years."

Kyles was one of the top returners in the area and a Tribune second-team pick.

Williams, who recently received the Jimbo Kynes Award, given to the top lineman in Hillsborough County, chose MTSU over Indiana, N.C. State and Florida A&M. Even though he plays on both sides of the line, Williams is being recruited to play offense.

"I've been talking to them for the past year and I really liked the coaching staff. I thought I would go there if it was as good as they made it sound, but after my visit, it was better than they made it sound," Williams said. "I'm done taking visits. That is my school."

ARMWOOD LB COMMITS: Armwood senior Derrall Anderson made a verbal commitment during the weekend, Coach Sean Callahan said Sunday.

Anderson, a linebacker and a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County honorable mention selection this season, has committed to Arizona State. Anderson was scheduled to visit Iowa State this weekend but chose to cancel after committing to the Sun Devils, Callahan said.

Meanwhile, quarterback Justin Hickman is still in the process of making a decision to commit to either VMI or Morehead (Ky.) State. A decision could come as early as today, Callahan said.

Hickman visited Morehead State, which is recruiting him as a running back/receiver, this weekend. He visited VMI, which will give him the chance at quarterback and runs the same offense as the Hawks, the previous weekend.

With kicker Darren de Rochemont (Tulane) and defensive lineman Torrey Davis (Florida), the Hawks will have six seniors from this season's team sign college scholarships. The Hawks had a program-best seven twice (in 2000 and 2003), Callahan said.

NEARLY COMMITTED: Jefferson receiver Evan Cromer is leaning heavily toward attending Eastern Kentucky after a weekend visit, while Newsome offensive lineman Chaz Hine may verbally commit to Florida Atlantic University this week.

Cromer fell in love with the campus, but still intends to visit the Air Force Academy and Middle Tennessee State.

Hine said the head coach was "very impressed" and would know whether they will offer him a scholarship by Wednesday.

Freedom senior and former wide receiver Alex Carr committed to The Citadel on Sunday. Carr chose The Citadel, a military school in South Carolina, over Charleston Southern and Eastern Kentucky.

Keyword: Preps for video of Robert Marve discussing his Miami trip with WFLA's Dan Lucas. Reporter Adam Adkins contributed to this report.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I think somebody said 1 or 2 of them was decent, but we didnt want all 3.  that might explain the fact they had to go to middle tenn st to stay together.  I think it's cool with players can do that, though...all go to 1 school.