• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is the strongest football position for 2007?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

With Jenkins coming back, I went with DBs.  I didn't take LB because there's still a lot up in the air with that position.  If McKenzie gets his year waived by the NCAA, we'll be in great shpe, because that will allow us to keep Robinson at DE.  If we have to move Robinson over, then we've got another gap that opens up elsewhere.

I read that Robinson will be replacing Nicholas as strong-side back ... moving to DE in the nickel packages. McKenzie would take St. Louis' place at weak-side LB.  Selvine and Julmiste will be DEs.

where does that leave spires though?  I think even if there is no hardship waiver, that between spires, moffitt, robinson, and all the others we have at LB and DE that we'll have some depth at those positions.  it's hard to pick a strength on this team because so many positions will be good...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

qb by far

I disagree.  So long as Grothe stays healthy, we're fine; if he gets injured, we're going to be screwed.  We don't have any backups with any level of collegiate experience.

carlton hill has experience  :)

but what people have said lately is grant gregory is getting a medical redshirt and could be a great backup.  if not for the redshirt he would have played.  isn't there a QB from navy transferring?  and i hope grothe doesn't get hurt and we are able to redshirt Voss.

I think I'm going to have to vote QB on this poll...DBs and WRs are very good, though.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

qb by far

I disagree.  So long as Grothe stays healthy, we're fine; if he gets injured, we're going to be screwed.  We don't have any backups with any level of collegiate experience.

carlton hill has experience  :)

but what people have said lately is grant gregory is getting a medical redshirt and could be a great backup.  if not for the redshirt he would have played.  isn't there a QB from navy transferring?  and i hope grothe doesn't get hurt and we are able to redshirt Voss.

I think I'm going to have to vote QB on this poll...DBs and WRs are very good, though.

Yeah, I forgot about CHill.  However, CC experience isn't much better than prep. ;)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

With Jenkins coming back, I went with DBs.  I didn't take LB because there's still a lot up in the air with that position.  If McKenzie gets his year waived by the NCAA, we'll be in great shpe, because that will allow us to keep Robinson at DE.  If we have to move Robinson over, then we've got another gap that opens up elsewhere.

I read that Robinson will be replacing Nicholas as strong-side back ... moving to DE in the nickel packages. McKenzie would take St. Louis' place at weak-side LB.  Selvine and Julmiste will be DEs.

I can't see Spires as a backup...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

...  it's hard to pick a strength on this team because so many positions will be good...

Main reason I started this thread ... a good arguement for many positions for the strongest.

We'll know more about LB after Spring and Summer, hopefully McKenzie gets the HardShip so he can have 2 years of Big East ball as a BULL. And would Spires have a RS ? Would be ideal for him to RS and then start in 2008 at MLB.

C. Robinson is projected to replace Nicholas, but of course depends on the talent there ... and we know that he can push for Julmiste's DE position.

LOVE the depth ! The best part of this is that we will have fresh talent with starting potential on the field at almost every snap - no drop off in talent.

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Unless robinson puts on weight i dont see him pushing JJ at DE

He's graet at rushing the passer but i think he would have problems being at DE every down

refresh my memory...why is everyone so high on spires coming in and being an impact player on an already good team?