• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rose Bowl - Bands get airtime

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

The broadcast of the Fiesta Bowl showed the Pride of Oklahoma and The Boise State Band marching / playing during halftime.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

The Rose Bowl only about 2 years ago brought in a Presenting Sponsor, they are the last bastion of an old school bowl game.  There is no other half time entertainment other than the marching bands. There is almost no advertising inside the rose bowl, hell they even got a seprate tv contract.  

It should also be noted that when the teams came running out they turned up the mics on the bands, FOX on the other hand turned up their music, Fox did a terible job giving us the Fesita Bowl,it lost all the fun or other stations giving you the college experence, it just felt sometimes like another pro game. the BCS made a big mistake by taking the BCS away from ESPN and ABC

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645

I was at our bowl game so I don't know for sure, but I heard the H.O.T. got little to no airtime (other than being heard in the background!).  

It seems to me that only the BCS bowl games give the band any airtime.  Yet another reason to win the BE next year!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

football program needs to give some money to our band

football program needs to spread wealth to other sports

Guest wildrover
Is USF ever going to have a Marching band?

This is just stupid.  If you can't recognize the strides our band has made over the past few years then shame on you.  They are getting better and better and if you can't come out of your anti-usf funk for two seconds to give them credit or that then p#s& off

Where did  I say anything negative about the band?  I enjoy the band..they do great job, dispite a lack of support from athletics and the university.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

"Is USF ever going to have a Marching band?" sure sounds negative to me. USF does have a marching band, and a **** fine one at that.

"Is USF ever going to have a Marching band?" sure sounds negative to me. USF does have a marching band, and a **** fine one at that.

That's funny because more than one person in the band has told me that the HOT isn't a marching band.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

That's funny because more than one person in the band has told me that the HOT isn't a marching band.

If your angle is "The Herd of Thunder is a multifaceted athletic band ensemble which includes show band, pep band, and marching band components", fine, you're splitting hairs, but what you see on the field during football games is still a marching band. If not, I'd love to see what you and your sources think it is.