• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to make a deal!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

How about this. If USF beats UNLV tonight then the Mac hater need to step up and appologize for what they think. If USF happens to lose tonight then we can say that you can keep posting your negative crap. How about that?? A USF win will get you people back on this bandwagon for sure.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this. If USF beats UNLV tonight then the Mac hater need to step up and appologize for what they think. If USF happens to lose tonight then we can say that you can keep posting your negative crap. How about that?? A USF win will get you people back on this bandwagon for sure.

They will point out that 1 win does not reverse four years of "bad basketball"...

Of course, to me, all basketball has been "bad" since about 1994... when players stopped actually learning things like dribbling and passing and free throw shooting... and started playing streetball.  I blame the "ESPN-ification" of the sport.  Where else do you see a player, his team down by 30, make a slam dunk and then pose/scream??  Uh, buddy - that was an okay dunk, but you're still gonna lose the game.  STFU and go back down the court.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Why? Is UNLV a World Power?

UNLV has played cupcake city so far this year. Their wins came against the following:

Hawaii (twice)

Eastern Washington

Washburn (Division II)

San Francisco

Northern Arizona

Nevada

TAMU CC

Norfolk St

Getting a win vs UNLV in Vegas in a 1/2 filled Arena is nice...but don't think one gets a parade these days for beating the Rebels.

PS. Remember, UNLV has only made the NCAA's twice in Hoops since 1991. (Last time in 2000).

The program today is not the one seen on ESPN Classics from the past.

KL,

If you only understood the back and fourth bickering that we have during basketball season then you would look at my post as a tongue and cheek joke.  ;) To me, USF basketball season has  become like an episode of Jerry Springer in where people like to fight over pointless crap. I have to laugh at it sometimes because I am so **** use to it. Next thing you know, posters are going to switch to the DarkSide on us. Oh well, I guess we have to enjoy the ride.

PS I will take a win over UNLV on the road right now in a heartbeat.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Nevada isn't bad. They've made the past couple big dances. But you're right, other than Shawn Marion, who was the last superstar out of UNLV? Larry Grandmama Johnson?

KL,

And to add to that, USF is in no positon to look down at anyone. I swear that some of us USF fans think we are some kind of basketball power at times.  If we ever do crack the top 25 in my lifetime then I will understand on how we can look down at schools like UNLV and Texas A&M CC. Sometimes you just have to know where you stand to make these losses hurt less.

KL,

And to add to that, USF is in no positon to look down at anyone. I swear that some of us USF fans think we are some kind of basketball power at times.  If we ever do crack the top 25 in my lifetime then I will understand on how we can look down at schools like UNLV and Texas A&M CC. Sometimes you just have to know where you stand to make these losses hurt less.

But BD... We're in the Big East now - [echo] the best basketball conference in the world [/echo] ...

::)  ::)  ::)

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Not for me.....one win won't change how poorly we've played this year.

It's going to take a lot more than than.

Hell, I don't mind losing regularly as long as I see improvement/progress.  I'm appalled by the way we have played against a very soft schedule.  If we were consistently improving I would have hope of a turnaround.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

KL,

Agree with everything you said, and being a member in the Big East, USF definitely has a shot at reaching Top 25 status someday, but like others last winter, USF might of had a very recent shot IF USF would of hired Huggins.

Think about it...Huggins has the #1 rated recruiting class in the NATION in just his first year at Kansas State!!!

Kansas State is located in the "wasteland" in the middle of KANSAS! (aka, middle of NO WHERE!)

Imagine what he could of done at USF, in TAMPA?

Opportunity is definitely there for USF...but I think it will have to take the "right" Coach to take the program to Top 25 and back to the NCAA's.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Not for me.....one win won't change how poorly we've played this year.

It's going to take a lot more than than.

Hell, I don't mind losing regularly as long as I see improvement/progress.  I'm appalled by the way we have played against a very soft schedule.  If we were consistently improving I would have hope of a turnaround.

i do remember a football season starting just like this and a wvu win and 8-5 later we are talking nc...so patience grasshopper ;D