• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question about TV for WVU game 11/25

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

With WVU winning last night, I would think that it should help our chances of seeing USF play on ESPN or ESPN2 next week instead of ESPNU. I remember reading an article that the USFvsWVU game is being picked up by ESPN to either air on EPSN, ESPN2, or ESPNU. The start times would vary for either noon or 3:30pm depending on the outcomes of this weeks games. So, when USF beats UL do you think that ESPN will air our game at 3:30PM???? I hope it is not on ESPNU because I would have to go to a sports bar just so that I can watch that game. I am crossing my fingers.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Why do I think it is a noon game on ch 28?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Probably a small chance on the 3:30 game. The "game of the week" on ESPN Regional is slated for Cincy at UConn.

The 7:45 slot on ESPN2 will probably go to us, with Pitt/Louisville getting the 3:30 time. ESPNU and ESPN have games on already that night, so it will be one of those two time slots.

For what it's worth, ESPN.com has the game slated at 12noon that Saturday at this point.

There was some news on this earlier this week...

Brad started the thread... but it's already bumped down to Page 3...

WVU, USF game could be nationally televised

Jack Bogaczyk

Daily Mail Sports Editor  

Tuesday November 14, 2006  

The three-team scramble for the Big East Conference football championship has brought the same uncertainty to the league's telecast schedule next week.

The conference announced Monday that ESPN has exercised a six-day selection option -- again -- for three Big East games on Nov. 25. Included is South Florida's visit to West Virginia.

That game, previously announced as a noon start at Mountaineer Field, may move to 3:30 p.m., depending on which of four networks ESPN decides to air the Big East games.  

The Syracuse-Rutgers and Louisville-Pitt games are in the same situation.

Read More: http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1163529086

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm... a 3:30 start'd change my day a little bit, since the WVU game is one stop on a busy Thanksgiving weekend of travel, but hell, we'll make it work!