• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great job, Shoop - Pitt's Strong still out vs UWV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

From SU football blog at The Post-Standard.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/syr_orangefootball/archives/2006_11.html#204684

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  

South Florida

Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt said the indefinite suspension of tight end Darrell Strong will continue through the West Virginia game. Strong drew the suspension after he made an obscene gesture to the crowd at South Florida on Nov. 4.

The press box at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa is glassed in, but South Florida apparently has quite the group of potty-mouthed fans. Some Syracuse players were shocked by the foul language hurled at them from fans and students surrounding the end zone tunnel that goes to the locker room. Maybe it's a Florida thing. Maybe it's a pro football thing. I was always stunned by the abusive language from University of Miami fans at the Orange Bowl when I'd stand on the field for the final minute of the game. It was nasty, cruel and vulgar. I got a similar report about the crowd in Tampa. That's not good for college football or the Big East.

- Donnie Webb

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

From SU football blog at The Post-Standard.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/syr_orangefootball/archives/2006_11.html#204684

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  

South Florida

Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt said the indefinite suspension of tight end Darrell Strong will continue through the West Virginia game. Strong drew the suspension after he made an obscene gesture to the crowd at South Florida on Nov. 4.

[highlight]The press box at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa is glassed in, but South Florida apparently has quite the group of potty-mouthed fans. Some Syracuse players were shocked by the foul language hurled at them from fans and students surrounding the end zone tunnel that goes to the locker room. Maybe it's a Florida thing. Maybe it's a pro football thing. I was always stunned by the abusive language from University of Miami fans at the Orange Bowl when I'd stand on the field for the final minute of the game. It was nasty, cruel and vulgar. I got a similar report about the crowd in Tampa. That's not good for college football or the Big East. [/highlight]

- Donnie Webb

THANKS BEEF DUDS YOU GIVE USF A GREAT NAME  ::)

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Potty mouth's will destroy us!

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Wow, that's definately something USF does not want to be known for.

It could force a chance to move the students from that section... USF's students' behaivor were the reason they changed the seating at SunDome... I remember sitting in the FRONT ROW right behind the VISITING BENCH when I first came to USF.  You could hear them talk during time outs we were that close...

When we were making noise, it forced the teams to take timeouts at half-court.

If teams complain to the Big East or NCAA about this kind of behavior... the students could be moved back or out of the sections closest to the tunnel.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

UHHH 52 from Cuse was talking back to us just as much as people were giving it out. I can't talk for others, but I know they didn't like the whole "3 more games til basketball season"lines I was shouting.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

all except for the nature of the language (being known as potty mouths isn't exactly the classiest rep), I'd say GOOD. They need to know that Tampa is a tough place to play!

You don't come up in the OB talking smack!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pitt quit on wanstedt

wv will kill them

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24

Every big time school is like that with the trash talking from the fans. I've been in some stadiums in the south where the father is telling his 7 year old son what to say, and lets just say they are a bunch of 4 letter words. Hostile crowds are not just ones that scream really loud when you score or get a turnover, it is about being in the other teams heads the entire time. When we played Arkansas, the fans were just calling out every player on the sideline in some way shape or form.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I like the fact that students give the opposing teams crap.  God knows I do it too.  I do think that it should be kept relatively clean however.  To effectively talk trash without just firing expletives out is a sort of art form.  Just ask the Heckler at the Trop.