• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

H.O.T. Uniform idea

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I dont mean to conjure up this topic again, but look and see what Cincinnati did to their band uniforms after they changed their logo last season:

streamimage.php?path=LzIwMDYtMjAwNyBJbWFnZUJhbmsvQmFuZCBEYXkvYmFuZGRheTA5LmpwZw==&width=1200&height=582

Looks to me like they have sewn patches over the old Cincy logo with the new Cincy logo.  This might be a good cost effective option for the H.O.T.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

The reason for needing new uniforms isnt so much that the old logo is still on there, it is the fact that they are 7 years old. 7 years doesnt sound like much, but you have to remember that stinky college kids have these uniforms for 4 or 5 months, and they get worn at the game and get all nasty and sweaty, then they go back in the uniform bags(maybe) and arent aired out, dry cleaned, nothing for months and months. Some of teh uniforms have zippers that have corrode and dont really work. Some of them smell like the shirt you wore to lay basketball last week, and that is still in the back of your truck and some of them are just rough. They arent exactly "well taken care of." I know, I was in the band for 4 years, and as each year went on, my uniform got nastier and nastier, and I even tried to keep mine clean.

Even in high schools in Hillsborough county, bands get new uniforms every 7 years. Why cant/hasnt/wont that happen at a major university??

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Don't forget to mention too that the Herd of Thunder is growing at an exponential rate:

2004: 185

2005: 205

2006: 240

That over this past summer we were talking about contingency plans about not having enough uniforms to go around.  If we grow by 30-40 next year, I don't think that we'll have enough uniforms to go around and would actually have to put one of those plans into action.

The patch idea would have been great for the past 3 years when they in fact did change the logo.  Now there are totally different issues to deal with on top of the branding issue.

Again, thank you for your support of the Herd of Thunder.  I love how so many people on this site are constantly thinking about us now.  You guys are H.O.T.!!!

Guest BearcatFan

former UC Band member here.  The UC Band has had those Uniforms since 1997.  They debuted them at Humantarian Bowl Game vs Utah State which UC won.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

The Herd of Thunder originally had 300 uniforms...What happened to the other 50-60?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I recently received a solicitation in the mail from USF looking for donations specifically for HOT uniforms...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

The Herd of Thunder originally had 300 uniforms...What happened to the other 50-60?

They're there...But you have to also realize that not everyone wears the same size uniforms.  Plus, some sizes are more popular than others.  So when you start getting membership reaching the limit of the uniform inventory, then it is more likely the case that you will not have uniforms that will fit everyone.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

Some of them smell like the shirt you wore to lay basketball last week, and that is still in the back of your truck and some of them are just rough.

experience??  Just giving you a hard time when I can!!   ;)