• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt blames bad info for call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

well, if we hit that field goal we have a 44 or so yard kick to tie the game at the end...so thats disappointing...but i still agree with the decision but not the play, as others do.

another important point is that leavitt points out that smith's knee was down, a point some argued with me over.  someone in the booth should have been on top of that as well. the endzone view clearly showed his knee down before the ball came out

our coaches were not into what was happening on the field

do you need anymore proof

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so wrong about going for the TD? He thought he needed half a yard. If they stop you they have to go 98 yards to score. HE tried to take the momentum and with bad info and bad playcall they got stopped. Could happen to any team.

sorry rizzo no free pass

the good coaches take the points on the road on the first drive

I think the game was lost when Leavitt didn't challenge  RB Walt Smith knee was down before fumbling... He is quoted in the paper that he thought the knee was down. Apparently he would rather save a time out then challenging the call and maintaining possession. I was shocked Leavitt didn't challenge.

It's a no brain er decision.....

YOU ARE CORRECT

NO BRAIN

WAS USED IN MAKING THOSE DECISIONS

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I think the game was lost when Leavitt didn't challenge  RB Walt Smith knee was down before fumbling... He is quoted in the paper that he thought the knee was down. Apparently he would rather save a time out then challenging the call and maintaining possession. I was shocked Leavitt didn't challenge.

It's a no brain er decision.....

YOU ARE CORRECT

NO BRAIN

WAS USED IN MAKING THOSE DECISIONS

Leavitt couldn't challenge the call.  He could have only taken a time out with the hope that they would call down from the booth and review it (which they should have done without him calling a timeout).  There were questionable coaching decisions made in the game, but this was not one of them.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

I'm no football guru, but why do you say that JL couldn't challenge the call on Smith's (supposed) fumble???  It looked pretty clear on the replay that his knee hit the ground before the ball popped out.  We were wondering all night (as were radio broadcasters on post-game show) why Leavitt did not challenge the call, unless he was too worried about losing a time out. But his people in the booth should have been able to tell him that he should challenge.  Why do you think he could not have challenged it?

From the instant replay handbook:

A review can only be triggered by the Replay Official in the press box.

There is no coach’s challenge. The Replay Officials will have available to them the video coming directly from the television network

broadcasting the game or from four in-house video cameras. The DVSport Digital Replay software will be used for all reviews. Unlike the NFL,

there is no limit to the number of plays that can be reviewed and time-outs are not charged to teams based on the outcome of the reviews.

In addition, the status of the game clock is reviewable. The NCAA is currently investigating the possibility of allowing coaches limited

opportunity to initiate a review.

Guest BasketBull.

My thinking on this is that CJL and Biggie are good friends, so doing something like that would be like trying to cheat your friend. Of course, I don't a gree with this kind of sentiment.

My thinking on this is that CJL and Biggie are good friends, so doing something like that would be like trying to cheat your friend. Of course, I don't a gree with this kind of sentiment.

I have no doubt that Leavitt would have challenged the call if he could have, but the best he could have done is call a timeout and have them *maybe* review the play.  If he had called a timeout and they hadn't reviewed the play, it would have put us in a very, very, very bad position from a clock management perspective.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

All Leavitt had to do is call a time out....The reply would have played over several times  and the official in the both would have reviewed the play.

I think it's fairly certain the knee was down.

Instead KU rushed the offense on the field and snapped the ball... Credit to the KU coaching staff and an obvious mistake by Leavitt and company.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Way to pawn off your own incompetency on your assistants. I'm sure they loved reading that & have more respect for you today as a result of it.

Oh, and, just for the record everyone did read this, right?

GETTING TOUGHER: Although Rutgers and USF are a combined 7-1, neither has faced much tough competition in the past month. Their wins are against teams with a combined 1-17 record against I-A opponents this season.