• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want facts from the media, not speculation!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

The article that Martin wrote was just garbage. There were little if any facts in that article that lead me to believe that USF wont continue playing UCF. This fool wants a long term contract signed and sealed so that he can have a battle of the "little two"?? Am I missing something here??? Where does a USF official state that they are going to not continue to play UCF after 2008??? Where are the signed 1 for 1 deals with Buffalo, WKU, Ball St???? Do you really think a school like Buffalo would hold talks off with USF if there was a 1for1 on the table??? It sounds to me that DW and USF are balking at any talks with MAC schools. USF has had a bad history with scheduling against MAC schools in the past such as Akron and Eastern Michigan, so I highly doubt that USF officials are all excited about scheduling MAC teams. If anything, these scheduling with Mac teams if basically some BIG EAST and MAC agreement that all our sports writers are dropping the ball by not researching this. I wont be surprised if Greg Auman comes out with an article that basically makes the Trib look clueless once again just like the whole Huggins to USF situation. Again. USF fans need to read facts, not speculation. These personal vandetta's against Leavitt have gotten old. I guess it may be time to cancell my Trib subscription since all I have been reading from that rag has been speculation and insults towards the USF program. No wonder nobody from USF wants to deal with the media these days.

And to add some things on that rant. WVU was forced to play Marshall becuase WVU did not want anything to do with Marshall. As a matter of fact, WVU did some created scheduling with Marshall in that whoever wins during this series will get more home games between the two schools. An agreement like that with UCF would be fine with me.

I think UCF and the Tampa Tribune need to do some serious lobbying to get UCF in the BIG EAST conference if they are so concerned to see the USFvsUCF series continued. Hell, maybe the true insiders already know that UCF may be joining the BIG EAST in 2009 which is why there are no needs to make some kind of agreement to extend the series beyond that point. I hope these hacks start to do some research about that possibility. I am one that does not have a problem with UCF joining the BIG EAST conference if there is a split down the road because it sure would put these ducking UCF stories to rest.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Brahman, here's the link with the proposed schedules that references no UCF games after 2008:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Thanks

Thanks, I honestly hope that these deals never get signed. Didnt you write someting a while back about some scheduling agreement between BIG EAST and MAC schools??? Also, maybe the BIG EAST will look different by the time 2009 comes around, so that USF wont have to look that hard for scheduling that 12th game. Furthermore, these better be 2for1 deals with schools like WKU or I will be in the same boat as Martin and you.

PS Sorry for the rant, but Martin went below the belt with his cheap shot about the suspended USF players. Talk about kicking a program when it was down. I think Martin better stick with ripping the Bucs this year because it looks like another long year for Gruden and Co.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

The article that Martin wrote was just garbage.

BB2K, just to be clear, Fennelly is a columnist and their columns are their opinions, based, most of the time, on their own biased views of facts.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

What is the big freakin deal about not playing UCF after 2008??? Cant we schedule them (If we wanted to, but we dont, so what does this matter) in say the year 2007 or 2008 or even in 2009?? Its 3 stinkin years away...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

What is the big freakin deal about not playing UCF after 2008??? Cant we schedule them (If we wanted to, but we dont, so what does this matter) in say the year 2007 or 2008 or even in 2009?? Its 3 stinkin years away...

The same outcry erupted when we canceled what was then perceived to be our "rivalry" with Charleston Southern - heel we played them four times.  This too wil pass..hopefully.