• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

thanks goodness i am not paying this player

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ALBANY, N.Y.  Linebacker LaVar Arrington had to leave the New York Giants practice on Monday because of swelling in one of his knees.

Coach Tom Coughlin did not say which knee was bothering the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, who signed with the Giants in the spring, but Arrington missed the opening game of the preseason because of problems with his right knee. He made a short appearance against the Chiefs on Thursday. His status for Friday's game against the Jets is uncertain.

Arrington, who was signed for $49 million, has had two surgeries on the knee in recent years. He was not available for comment after practice.

Coughlin had said earlier in the day that Arrington impressed him last year playing for the Redskins, providing a physical presence and playing with a swagger that he liked.

"That to me was a very attractive part of the New York Giants' desire to bring LaVar Arrington here," Coughlin said.

Having fellow linebacker and former Redskins teammate Antonio Pierce say good things about Arrington also persuaded the Giants to sign him, Coughlin said.

"I have known Antonio to be a guy who doesn't throw words around, or praise around," Coughlin said. "He is a very businesslike guy, and he made solid, appropriate statements about the way in which he felt Arrington played and what he could bring to the table."