• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what a distraction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Kobe Breaks Silence, Says He Wants to Remain Laker

Doesn't Get Into Specifics as to Why He's Been Boycotting Media

HOUSTON (April 23) -- Kobe Bryant ended his self-imposed media boycott Friday after giving an impromptu interview to The Associated Press in which he explained his extended silence with a short answer: "One thing, I am stubborn."

Kobe Bryant says he'd like to return the Lakers next season, but it isn't a 100 percent sure thing.  

Bryant's comments, in which he reiterated that he'd prefer to play for the Lakers next season after opting out of his contract, were his first to a member of the print media in 12 days.

The league office -- including commissioner David Stern -- has been pressuring the Lakers to persuade Bryant to end his boycott, which violates the league's media access rules.

Nearly an hour after the Lakers' 102-91 loss to the Houston Rockets -- and about 11 hours after speaking to the AP -- Bryant spoke to about 20 media members and said his boycott was over.

"I put it behind me and move on," he said.

Bryant's silence began after Los Angeles media questioned whether he was sending a message to his teammates and coach Phil Jackson when he took only one shot in the first half of a late-season loss at Sacramento. He finished with eight points -- his lowest total ever when he played at least 40 minutes.