• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

francona made big mistake

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leaving schilling in too long

why not bring fowlkes in first sign of trouble?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

leaving schilling in too long

why not bring fowlkes in first sign of trouble?

I agree. He better look at recent red sox history, the mgt doesnt play after mistakes like that.  Curt was rolling thourh first 6 and I believe he kept him in cuz it was a tie score and he wanted him to have a shot at the win if sox scored in 9th? Hopefully he learns fromhis mistakes.  I am not sure if he would bring foulke in the 8th inning of a tie game but I bet if sox were up by one he would have pulled curt and went with foulke.

KR- you guys don't need a manager still learning on the job

that is like me buying a ferrari for my son's first car.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

its too early to worry...  Schilling is schilling.... he'll be fine.... francona can learn on the job... i'd rather have this happen now and not in the playoffs.  This is a marathon, as everyone has said... one game is not the end of the world.  Unless we were expecting the sox to go 156-6, then i guess your world is shattered  ;D

PS... foulke should not come in in the 7th inning, when the trouble happened, that is when you bring in Timlin or Embree.  Foulke is for the 9th.

rule 1- never lose with your best on the bench

in a turning  point in a game, a great manager will not follow the book and will bring in his best when needed.Francona will never do that.He will play it by book

however, last night it was clear shilling lost it but francona just let him get hammered

closers today really area joke.they only pitch the ninth and only when team is ahead.Not to tough a task.A very overated position.

In the old days, the closer pithced  the8th and 9th.goose gossage was such a better pitcher than any of  todays 9th inning wonders

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

rule 1- never lose with your best on the bench

in a turning  point in a game, a great manager will not follow the book and will bring in his best when needed.Francona will never do that.He will play it by book

however, last night it was clear shilling lost it but francona just let him get hammered

closers today really area joke.they only pitch the ninth and only when team is ahead.Not to tough a task.A very overated position.

In the old days, the closer pithced  the8th and 9th.goose gossage was such a better pitcher than any of  todays 9th inning wonders

Foulke is one of the few closers that is good for 2IP though I dont see the Sox doing it all that often.  Every manager in baseball is learning on the job and learning what he has. How many teams have the same manager and the same exact players every year? Its very easy to manage from the next days sports section.  I see Mussina gave up three in the first. He must not have had his good stuff early yet Torre for some reason let him start the game.  Too bad as yanks lost the game due to Torre's bad decision to not have another starter ready or have Mussina warm up more until he was really ready?

Boston lost no ground in the east despite the loss... just 1 game... you'll see better decision making in the future.  No bigga deal