• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

rutgers is getting players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this helps recruiting

Brackett Voted Defensive Captain by the Indianapolis Colts

August 4, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Gary Brackett, who arrived at Rutgers as a walk-on in 1999 and developed into one of the greatest linebackers in Scarlet Knights’ history, has been voted defensive captain of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts by his teammates.

At Rutgers, the 5-11, 235-pound Brackett played in 44 career games from 1999-2002, registering 274 career tackles and serving as a captain in his final two seasons. As a senior in 2002, the Glassboro native earned first-team ECAC honors after leading the Scarlet Knights with 130 tackles, second-most in the BIG EAST. As a junior in 2001 and as a senior in 2002, Brackett was the recipient of the Homer Hazel Award as the team’s MVP.

Brackett earned a spot on the Colts’ roster as a rookie free agent in 2003 and emerged as a starter in the 2005 season. Brackett has also been involved in numerous charitable activities throughout his NFL career as well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Pennsylvania lineman decides on Rutgers

Home News Tribune Online 08/5/06

The Rutgers football team was Caleb Ruch's first choice all along, so when the 6-foot-3, 290-pound lineman from Quakertown, Pa., received a call from a Scarlet Knights assistant yesterday morning, he figured it was time to commit.

"I got a call and they said they were down to one (offensive line) spot," said Ruch, a senior at Quakertown High School. "Really, the only two schools I was considering were West Virginia and Rutgers, and Rutgers was my No. 1 choice, so I made my decision."

Ruch became the 10th player to pledge to Rutgers' 2007 class. While he was recruited by Penn State and several Big East and ACC schools, he said his decision came down to the school that was picked to win this year's Big East title (West Virginia) and the team he says is on the rise.

"I liked the coaching staff and they basically have a winning tradition at the school since Coach Schiano has been there," said Ruch, who visited the Rutgers campus twice and was mainly recruited by assistant offensive coordinator John McNulty.

While Ruch is a standout offensive tackle on his high school team, he ex 00003pects to play either guard or center at Rutgers