• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bonds,roids,commish

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i saw sound bite of selig heaping praise on bonds like he was god and didn't mention or elude to steroids.

when asked if steroids issue tarnished bonds accomplishments he said" nothing will tarnish bonds' accomplishments."

if commish doesn't care,why would joe fan?

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

You're right Steve why should we care.  Why should we care that a professional ballplayer, that kids look up to, take an illegal substance to perform?  Why should we care we shouldn't because everyone knows that what the fans thinks means nothing anyway.  Why should we care...we continue to buy tickets to see a freak show.  Why should we care?  Why should we care if our kids want to be like Barry?  Why should we care if records are tainted by performance enhancing drugs and liars betting on baseball.  It is just Americana.  

After all we got the way we are today because we cheated.  Cheated the indians out of their land, broke treaties and lied about break-ins.  

We are a country of liars then.  We are a country of cheats.  Our politicians lie, cheat and anything else to get and stay elected.

Beat the other guy to get ahead ANYWAY YOU CAN.  Competition??... there is no competition any longer.  Who cares who this cheating hurts as long as I am the winner right?  Win at all cost and any means.

Win win win win win...gotta be #1...gotta be the best.

NOPE NOT ME...I DON'T CARE.

To hell with honesty any longer.  If ya can't beat them hell join em. That's the philosophy today.  Who can be the biggest FREAKING cheat.  Doesn't matter you ruin some retirees life.  As long as your wife has a $6000 shower curtain.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care what Selig cares about or doesn't ... he has proven a million times to be one of the worst commissioners i've ever seen in any sport!

What matters is what I think and what fans think... and I don't like him as far as I can throw him, even if the #'s are good.  If he were to retire today, I wouldn't be disappointed one bit.

There are loads of baseball players that are actually rule-abiding and law-abiding.  Those that excel and don't take shortcuts to their success deserve the accolades, not the people that transform their bodies into superhuman machines.  Wait... let me implant a bionic elbow in my arm and then i can pitch the ball 150 MPH, no one will even see it, much less be capable of reacting fast-enough to hit it.  Would that be cheating?  Would that be frowned upon if someone found out why i was pitching that fast?  They wouldn't accept that my strikeout #'s are phenominal?  700 k's before the all-star break?  

I know that is all exaggeration, but a little hyperbole helps explain how ridiculous this whole situation has gotten, partially thanks to the horrible drug testing policies.

And then some people say well its not proven... ok, so if it was proven, which i think it will be eventually... then what!  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

What was selig going to say after he passes willie mays, one of the top three ballplayers of all time. Was he going to say Yes I think the record is tainted even though I dont have proof of it yet and I am going to pay for saying this right now. I think he is a big steroided up freak that is killing game of baseball and if I were just a fan I wouldnt be watching? Geesh, you more then most should understand what is said in front of a tv camera is completely opposite to what is said behind the scenes.  Then again you think OJ is innocent so who knows :o

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bullo-the shower curtain  rod  broke yesterday

i  had the pleasure of seeing mcwire  quite a bit when he was playing at USC.he was skinny back than.

gaylord perry's cheating was romantized,why is that? is it because he is white? because he is  pitcher?

vg- selig is the worst commish of all time.