• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will win Big East in 2004 ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, Coach Rod is defintiely one of a kind and he's doing some amazing things to the program here at WVU.  I miss the old jerseys though  :-/

WVU knows all about not being respected, but I think that's what lights the fire under'em to do better every year.  Just watch Lee Corso talk about us once and you'll be convinced  ;D

Either way, good luck to your Bulls, but it sounds like they don't need it!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S. Bien

There is absolutely no way we finish below 3rd place unless a freak meltdown.  Cinci isn't in our zip code, and S. Miss lost too much.  To me its going to come down to TCU, UL, and USF with Memphis as a wildcard.

Our defense is fast, deep, and lethal, possibly the best we've had (and we've had top 20 defenses before) yet if it develops properly.  If we can get a RB to be productive, our receivers to consistently hang onto the ball, and our QB' to just be capable of driving the team, then we will contend for the title.

Quick defenses are definitely the flavor of the day.  Our own 3-3 relies on speed heavily to put pressure on the QB, but really doesn't offer much against a heavy passing offensive scheme.  We were creamed through the air last year.  Doesn't help much we are weak on the LB position.

Good luck getting the cohesion you need to win the C-USA.  I'm really pulling for all of you guys (Cincy, UL, USF). Or at least give TCU the pounding they deserve...  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

I just can't wait for us to have a full stadium as shown above.

Defense is USF's key this season and hopefully season 1 in Big East (2005) ... USF will be moving the ball much better.

Go BULLS !!!

I would be really surprised if RJ isn't packed when Pitt goes down there.  I'd be green with envy to be able to watch my home team be able to play in such an awesome stadium.

Any of you been to wherever UCF plays?  Our guys are going down there this year to play.. wondering if it's worth the trip, or safe in that regard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

It's an older stadium ... nothing major ... safety wise, you'd be fine ... as far as I know.

You can ask on the FL Board and they (ucfr's) can give you better info.

Thank you, I'll do that if I can get the chance to get away from school come that time.  :)

• Content Count:  23

It will not be USF or L'ville.

If L'ville was in the BE in 04, they would WIN IT!

Are you saying Louisville can't win the C-USA in 2004, but they could win the Big East if they were in it now?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we have a team that if they get avg play at the qb position with few turn overs could win every game they play

with the exception of CB/S we are better at every position IMHO, if the coaches put it together and we have even a little luck WATCH OUT

pitt had better cross all their offensive T's and dot all their defensive I's

when they show up here in sept.  our defense may make them remember

miami.

take this for what it's worth coming from a diehard bulls fan. if you want to get a hint of what we think of our defense this year, look at the first half of the oklahoma game of 2002 (we barely  had one deep on the line then, we now have a legit two deep at every position and our best ever class shows up in the fall ie - we can bring it all game long)

if we get a caretaker QB who will not put us in a hole

and we get a decent running game (the talent is there- coaching will be the issuse) (this is a stretch but think baltimore ravens superbowl run) we could be the sleeper for 2004

this is just one fans opinion.