• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays opening day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Its practicly sold out, 38,000 out of 40,000 sold so far.  I wish i could be there but I dont even have a car.

:'(

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

...and they fell back to form with attendance around 12,600 tonight...meaning there were probably 9-10,000 legit bodies in the building.

This franchise is stuck in the most impossible division for a small market team to be stuck in, and with pitching looking bad already and the injury to Rocco this franchise can't get a freaking break. I know there is a thread about the Marlins moving, but at what point do you wonder if the new owners start making the move? There have already been whispers through the grapevine.

I guess for now...Go Rays...

Won't ever happen,

Steinbrenner owns the city...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

^^^^^what does that have to do with it? its called the people of hillsborough county are not going to help pay for another stadium. so we have a crap stadium, bad location, terrible atmosphere.

jg trust me on this one,

Steinbrenner will NEVER let the Devil Rays into Tampa without putting up a big fight. This is the same guy that got the city to pay for the walkway over the road so that traffic into the spring training games moves faster, in return he built a community field next to Legends Field that he never lets the community use.

The same guy that gets the city to pay for signs that says Welcome New York Yankees Fans, put up Dale Mabry.

The same guy that donates MILLIONS to the city of Tampa each year.

Like hell is he never letting that team into Hillsborough County without putting up a fight.

joe I knew we could agree on something. sounds like you hate steinjerk. it would not hurt his stupid spring training revenue for the team to be over here. i say implode legends field and build ray stadium right there. your right it will not happen until he kicks the bucket though. i know the guy donates a ton of money but he is still an a-hole in my book.  

for instance: i live in wesley chapel. it would make a huge difference if the stadium were closer for me. most people in new tampa are not going to consistently make that drive. if the stadium was in tampa they would in my mind. dome baseball sucks to.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

if a new rays stadium could ever be built, i think it should be built downtown, it gives you more prestige when you can see the city skyline in the backround.  I know its not likely and nobody wants to pay for it, but its the best thing that can be done for the rays and it will be worth it when we can finally field a competitive team...thats the only way to get consistent support, heck id probably go to a rays games once a week over the summer (even with them sucking) if it was in tampa, its a cheap night out.  They usually can win at home too, last year they were .500 at home.  Tampa could easily be a baseball town.  Just let them in.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

maybe st pete will pay for new stadium

not enough old people to support it. terrible location.