• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Young Program Needs TV!  (Smazza)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

This post is for our boy Smazza and any others that have a problem with the Pitt game being moved.  Let us think for a minute about what you are ******** at.  USF is going to play a recent top 25 team on national TV on Labor Day.  Sorry but I only see an upside to the move.  We need the nation to get an idea of who USF is and this seems like a good forum.  We have played football for a short time and will be going into the BE next year, a void to fill with Miami leaving.  Answer this, How many people know who USF is or that they are moving to the BE?  As a fan of USF you must want some national Press, and understand that there must be some flexibility to get it.  To have such a hard a$$ stand to say you are done with season tickets, etc. is looking at the short term.  We need to do what we can to build this program, not only on the field but in the eyes of the public.  And that includes a more public appeal to people outside the USF arena.  So Smazza if you need to take a break for a few years so be it, but you will be first in line 5-10 years from now when the PR has worked and we are a national team.  Think outside your box and look at what needs to be done.  Exposure and wins.  Thank you I'll take both.  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

agreed but not at the expense of fans.

fans are more important than tv.

when USF hits bump in the  road fans will remain loyal, espn will not

sunday game would be  happy compromise.

people must be complaining about monday game hangloose or they wouldn't even be discussing sunday

your boy smazza and others like me from mid 70's were supporting USF sports before you were born.

we have to win and than we will be known.losing on national TV doesn't help USF.

8 people will watch usf on labor day at 4pm.don't be naive

usf can't afford to lose any loyal fans for a minute.they need fans like me.It is not the other way around.

i was born outside the box  wiseguy.

oneday when you are in reEAL WORLD YOU will see that shuffling plans becomes very inconvenient.you evidently have nothing to do so the game  could be moved to wednesday at 11am and that would be fine with you.

Evidently, the monday deal isn't fine with a good number of people.

usf's first priority is not getting the  nation to know them.It is winning football games like UAB last year.

Losing on TV isn't good for the program though you may like it to show off your new dress

plenty of people are complaining about moving a marquee game for 3rd time

not renewing season tickets is not a hard a$$ stand. you haven't seen it yet buddyboy.

you have no understanding to relationship of fans/team.

you are way too young to have a concept of what i am saying

save this and read it in 5 years

Smazza I will refrain from getting into a pissing match with you, we are on the same side.  We both want what is best for the program.  However, I am a bit older and wiser then you may think and my time is just a valuable as yours, so don't belittle me.  Yes I will agree that keeping fan loyalty is a top priority but my point was the Athletic Dept. has many balls to juggle with USF being such a young program.  As I also noted WINNING and exposure are key priorities at this stage too.  They need to find a balance that keeps the old school happy as well as attract new fans, in this case a Sunday game may be a solution.  I wanted to point out a more logical take on the situation.  I respect you are pissed, I hope the situation gets worked out to the majorities liking not just yours.

HANGL- we agree more than we disagree.

Smazza you may be on to something, I'll see you at the game, I think?

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Smazza, you're dead wrong.

TV will CREATE more fans than it loses by being somehow "not loyal".

A game on ESPN might make the casual football fan watch a USF game who normally wouldnt. Our current tv deal is bush league. The announcers are terrible and the production value isnt up to par....

And to say that no one will watch because it's on Labor Day is retarded. Bar-B-Q's and football go together. What BETTER to do on a day off from work than sit around eating some quality dead pig products and watching a football game?!?

And about the potential of a loss on tv - WHO CARES?!  Any publicity is good publicity, as long as the spell the name right(and for god sakes get the logo correct). When Bobby Bowden came to FSU, he played anybody-anywhere-anytime. Why? The answer is simple, teaching his kids how to win and exposure.

bigshoop- college football games are not typically on labor day at 4pm.labor day is a for baseball, always has been.

why do you think that slot is open?

mikeg- once USF puts out a schedule I  wrongly assumed  a marque game wouldn't be moved from a sat night to a monday.why release a schedule if it isn't final?

play anybody anywhere means don't be afraID TO PLAY A QUALITY OPPONENT on the road.

it doesn't mean it is ok to change an otherwise  great game to a less desirable day/time

being on national tv is a plus but not at the expense of the fans and the team.why  couldn't this have all been done before schedules released?

further, if you except the premise labor day at 4pm isn't a great slot for a college football game i think my concern is valid.

the team hasn't done well on national TV but that doesn't mean we should never play on TV. But i think when we have to arrange TV games after the fact it puts  added presssure on all concerned.

don't we play the following week?the shorten week isn't good the team.

i don't think it is good that only USF's home marquee games seem to get altered.How can we get great attendance and tradition if such games are on fridays and mondays.

i really can't imagine not being civil about this.Weare just talking about football. I really don't mean to piss off  or offend any board members.i never draw first blood and never will.

the good news is  I have leaned my lesson. i will wait until a couple of months before game day to buy my ticket.

by the way is there an absolute time before a game in which it absolutely shouldn't bechanged?

mikeg- would you rather have game sunday or monday?

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

bigshoop- college football games are not typically on labor day at 4pm.labor day is a for baseball, always has been.

why do you think that slot is open?

College football does preeeeeeetty well on Tues and Thurs night games against baseball.......correct?

ANY game that is on tv is a good thing. Not only will the random football fan at the VERY least get to know the school's NAME, but the betting public will notice. And THAT, is huge.