• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's bball recruiting. Another JUCO?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

it wasn't his coach that said this one, it was his opponents coach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Bien...Just curious, has anybody on the other USF site found the previous Rivals article on Mobley?

Men Fall Just Short in Bid for Nationals

Lewis and Clark (22-10) rallied from a 51-33 halftime deficit to stun Parkland (23-10) leaving them just a game short of earning a trip to the NJCAA D-II National Tournament. The Cobras came out red-hot in the first half, shooting 59% from the field including 8-13 from three-point range in building the big halftime lead.

The Trailblazers rallied in the second half finally taking the lead at 73-72 with just over two minutes remaining. Teran Lee continued his outstanding play in the tournament, draining two three-pointers, the second tying the game at 80 with just over a minute to go. Chris Bunch made 1 of 2 free throws with under a minute to play but that would be the last time the Cobras would score. CCCI and Region 24 Player of the Year Corey Sims hit a basket to put Lewis & Clark and he added two free throws down the stretch to finish with a game high 29 points to seal the victory.

Lee led Parkland for the third straight game with 24 points, Maurice Mobley added 22, and Chris Bunch added 14 to lead the Cobras. All three players were selected to the All-Tournament team.

Earlier in the day, Mobley was named First Team All-Conference and All-Region and is a likely All-American candidate. Lee earned Honorable Mention honors in a vote of conference coaches.

Mobley didn't make All-American. The guy on the other team, Corey Sims, who sealed the victory in that final game did.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?sid=5&divid=2&gender=m&slid=2&menu=5

BTW, a couple of guys USF was recruiting, Je'Kel Foster and Vicent Grier, did make All- American:

http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?sid=4&divid=1&gender=m&slid=2&menu=5

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i look forward basketball next year

i am expecting noticeable improvement though if we don't get to .500  i will not be disappointed.

he should have  2 more recruiting classes before he must contend for a  post season tourney

In case anybody was wondering why USF hasn't announced the Basketball signings, they are supposedly waiting for the LOI to come back from Lithuania signed by the parents of Marius Prekevicius . There is a news conference tentatively scheduled for Tuesday.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

i look forward basketball next year

i am expecting noticeable improvement though if we don't get to .500  i will not be disappointed.

he should have  2 more recruiting classes before he must contend for a  post season tourney

That's a pretty fair assessment. I'm looking for improvement, but not necessarily any kind of winning season out of this group. I think what we saw at the end of this year will carry over, and we might be able to sneak up on a couple teams. But we don't have any proven scoring threats coming in so any gains will be made in the areas of intensity, team play and fundamentals.

Since our backcourt is pretty set with Swift and Mosley, I'll be looking for development in the frontcourt. Diarra will hopefully fill out and play with more confidence, it will be interesting to see Jones, and maybe Brigman can bring some consistency.

The JUCO Mobley and the Lithuanian kid can add an extra dimension if they're good enough to earn minutes. We never really had a small forward last year who was a scoring threat.

I really don't care what happens in CUSA next year, because we aren't a threat for post season anyway. The real story will be how well-positioned we are going into the Big East.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

based on this years preformance i expect close to .500 and no 40 point blowouts

and i expect about the same 1st year in BE

coach mac then has 2 years to impress or else move on

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Just curious how people think...

is it fair to say that if we were a deeper team... without injury, we would have won 2 more games last year?

how about if our free throw shooting improved... 1 more win maybe?

how about an ounce of good luck, 1 or 2 wins (csu & uab)?

there maybe some overlap in all of those scenarios, but i'd say next year 11 -12 wins minumum, going 6-10 in conference is likely and if we actually have lady luck on our side, it can be 13-14 wins.

But if we get the bad luck bug again... another 7-8 win season is entirely possible.

regardless, I can't wait

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If you think Diarra is going to be a star I think you are in for a dissapointment.  With last years team he barely saw the court which makes me think he doesn't have the talent.  I can not believe you guys are happy with a 500 season next year.  Mac is bringing in Jucos and they are supposed to contribute right away.  The teams not going to the BE probably are having a little difficulty recruiting and some players may move on to greener pastures.  If we cann't get over 500 in C-USA it is going to be a long,long.long haul in the BE.  If coach Mac is as good as we all hope then next year will tell.  Raise your expectations.