• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let Me Guess...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone is happy with this loss.  Because we fought hard down to the end.  

Last time I checked we still have yet to win a game.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Let me guess...

Yet another anti-Mac thread that was unnecessary?

Last time I checked, your wish to see a coaching change was denied.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

It's just too depressing to keep talking about it.  Just very very depressing to see such a large group of people so lost.  

The guy has won 2 road games in three years.  It just doesn't make any sense.  It's a school that is more concerned with spite and pride then winning.  

I just don't know what to say.  Success is staring you right in the eyes and you are saying no.  You can't help people who don't want to help themselves.  It's not like this whole apathy thing started yesterday.  It's been this way for about forever.  We are a school that hasn't made the tourny in 15 years, haven't won a national title in anything and we just continue down this road.  Maybe one day it will change.  

I know CJL doesn't think like that.  He isn't sitting in those trailors trying to go 7-4 -- he is trying to put together a team that can win a national title.  That is his goal.  Maybe only the soccer coach thinks that way.  I know people on this board don't think that way.  They think 15 wins is alright.   They think a trip to the conference tourny and a loss in the semis is a great season.  That isn't how champions think.  Do you think Tiger Wood's thinks like that?  Do you think that George Steinbrenner thinks like that?  Do you think that any leader in a fortune 500 company thinks like that. ?

If you are participating in something your drive should be to be the best at it.

Martin Luther King Jr. use to talk about this.  He would say that "if your lot in life leads you to be a street sweeper, you should be the Michelangelo of street sweeping.  When you pass from this earth I want to them to say 'here lived a great street sweeper."

USF does not carry that attitude.  It is clear in everything they do.  The baseball team sucks, the girls soccer team sucks, the men's golf team sucks, the basekteball team sucks.

There is a reason that the Florida Gators and FSU seminoles have such outstanding athletic programs and its not all money.  Its attitude.  It's a swagger.  There were days that Florida Football was not good.  Heck FSU football was god awful before bowden arrived.   One day USF will figure this out.  CJL understands the swagger.  When we made a bowl game, he said this is only a start.  Our ultimate goal is to be the best football team we can be.

Maybe woolard should read up on what it takes to be a champion.  Embracing a coach that has won 6 conference games in 3 years and has failed to qualify for even the conference tournament 2 of the 3 seasons he was at the helm, is not in the book.

The guy has won 2 road games in three years.

Might want to check your facts on that again.  Pay special attention to last year's CUSA tourney...

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

That is POST SEASON

his conference record in 03-04 was 1-15

his conference record in 04-05 was 5-11

his confrerence record in 05-06 is 0-15

Skew your statistics all you want, but your statement was incorrect.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

In fact when they asked CJL why he didn't take the job at Bama his answer was as telling as ever.

He said "If I go to Alabama and win a national title I am one of 5 guys who has done that, but if I win a national title at South Florida,  Now that would be special."

Maybe he isn't liked in the Athletic Department, but one thing is for sure.  He has been around winners his entire life and it shows big time in the way the football team has progressed and how much success he has had.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

NO its not.  Your post-season tournament has nothing to do with your regular season conference record.  

when they show your conference record on ESPN -- they don't include your conference tournament record.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Mike conference tourneys do not go on your regular season record.  You would know that if you ever watched college basketball in your life.

The post didn't say anything about conference or regular season records.  It said he had only won two road games.  That is incorrect.  You would know that if you ever took the time to learn how to read.

Continue to skew the statistics to fit your opinion.