• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Solomon Jones featured at DraftExpress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Being ranked 2nd in the best conference in America in both rebounds (10.0) and blocked shots (3.1), as well as shooting 80% from the free throw line, you would think that a 6-10 and super long athletic big man like Solomon Jones would be getting plenty of hype from the national media and draft world alike. That has hardly been the case for Jones...

All in all we are talking about a rare senior who appears to be nowhere close to reaching his full potential as a basketball player at this point in his development, and could very well hear his name called on draft night based on the upside he shows in workouts and NBA draft camps. Jones has received his invite to Portsmouth already and according to his coach at South Florida is likely to accept it and attend.  

It's on hoopshype too.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1202

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

can't see the guy not getting drafted.  Talked to a friend about this last night.  Both us agree that he might be the best NBA prospect to come out of USF in over 10 years.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You guys don't think his lack of size will be an issue?  6'10 230... he isn't strong as he needs to be (YET, but he can be).

I know he can work on that... and he has shown that he can add muscle, but I don't think he'll be drafted.

I think he'll get in the league but will take the NBDL route.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I agree with Velcro, He is getting 2nd round consideration but so was BB and Altron.  The NBDL is probably going to be his best bet.  He needs to get some serious basketball coaching with some professional weight and fitness training.   You think BE competition is tough, wait until you get to the L.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If he can add 20-25 lbs, it would make a world of difference.  

We'll see how he does in the UConn game vs those beasts down low.  That'll give us more idea of his NBA-readiness.  

I think he'll get it done, eventually.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557

I agree that he needs to beef up, but he is still an amazing presence down low.  He is hands down one of the best shot blockers in the NCAA.

Any NBA team can work with him on getting bigger and more aggresive, but they can't teach shot blocking like that.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

80% from the free throw line for a guy who is 6-10 is very NBA'ish -- The ability to shoot the ball is not found in every 6-10 guy.

I think his is very solid.