• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Those of us who purchase season tickets will show up. And if it's as entertaining as last year's game...I'm certain some others will swing by as well.  

ALL the season ticket holders are going to show up?  Nice, glad to hear that in advance.  Got some lottery numbers for me buddy? ;)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

We had 45k students at the game?  Wow, really amazing when you consider the fact that we don't have 45k students.

Yes, we saw good attendance.  However, how much of that was due to the novelty factor of it being the first game between USF and its closest geographical university?  How many will go to the game year after year?

To get back to this specific argument, how many of the attendees were students and how does that compare historically with other games we've played?

All we have here is opinions.  Yours, mine, the obsessed UCFers that come to this board every minute of the day, etc.  There are no facts to provide any evidence of anyt rivalry or potential rivalry.  All we've got is opinion.

How about we revisit this in about 5 years?

Box score.

How about we not wait five years.  Let's just wait one.  Two games that produce over 45k will certainly be records for both schools.  

I agree that we all have opinions, but the game that you are discounting as meaningless and one in which folks have a passing fancy was the 2nd highest attended game in USF's history.   Maybe WVU (w/ 135 more fans) was just a novelty too?  After all, it was the first game.

Sounds like 'logic' would dictate that.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I think Joe USF Student doesn't think about football, we haven't reached that level yet.  To suggest that this series is meaningful to the student body is hilarious.

That's your opinion.

FACT: Largest USF Student Attendance during the 2005 season was the UCF Game.

Again...Hopefully, you were able to talk to all 44,000 plus USF Students to base your decision on.

Just in case you didn't....I wouldn't make the statement you did.

KL

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

How about we revisit this in about 5 years?

Well...as long as both cities stay 75 miles apart...chances are....it will always remain the most "popular" road trip for each Student Body and Alumni/Fan base.

If I had a chance to see my team play ANYONE just 75 miles away during the fall...I know I would go.

KL

PS. I'm just guessing...but I think USF will "bring" more than 500 fans/students to this game.

Well...as long as both cities stay 75 miles apart...chances are....it will always remain the most "popular" road trip for each Student Body and Alumni/Fan base.

If I had a chance to see my team play ANYONE just 75 miles away during the fall...I know I would go.

KL

PS. I'm just guessing...but I think USF will "bring" more than 500 fans/students to this game.

Seriously, that's the crazy thing.  I've seen people bust their asses to get to a game 700 miles away.  Now they are not going to go to one 75 miles away because of what?

It defies logic.  It is about the silliest thing I've ever read on one of these boards.

FACT: Largest USF Student Attendance during the 2005 season was the UCF Game.

Got some evidence to back that up?  I have never seen a breakout of student attendance at USF football games.

Gee, really going out on a limb there, huh? ::)

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Got some evidence to back that up?  I have never seen a breakout of student attendance at USF football games.

did you go to any home games this past season?

I went to every one but the cincy game.  I always sit in the student section.  The UCF game was the highest attendance of students (in large part to the number of students who purchased companion tickets for their UCF friends) but ALL the games had a ton of students.

to say that there is no rivaly between USF and UCF then you just do not have your finger on the pulse of the students.

sure, we are a better program than they are and in much less time, but we will still be rivals.  get use to it.

Visually you could certainly tell, but I imagine somebody at USF has the final numbers.   It would just take tracking down the right hombre.