• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

No, I wasn't there, I never said I was.  However, that still doesn't change the facts of the problems that occurred at that game.  Go back and look at the threads after the game, the conduct of UCF's fans was horrible.  I take stock in the many posts from many different people with the same kinds of tales, in addition to discussions I had with people that were there.

To anticipate an argument on your part, a person does not need to be present to know what happened.  I wasn't alive during WWII, but I know what happened.  I wasn't in New York on 9-11, but know what happened.  I also seem to recall a funny statement that kind of goes with this, in that I don't need to shove my head up a cow's rear to know what the meat is like, I can trust the butcher that already did it.  (From Tommy Boy)

It is funny that UCF fans can come into our stadium parking lots and bully USF fans.  Maybe they really are that intimidating.

These are hardly facts, though.  They are the opinions of a group of (decidely biased) home fans that share a general distaste for the other group.

Facts would be things like police reports, x-rays, medical claims, photographs of stitches, picture of said head up cow's rear. :-)  I'm not sure hurt feelings or general uneasiness would qualify as admittable evidence.  Maybe Zonald could clarify.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not sure hurt feelings or general uneasiness would qualify as admittable evidence.

It does if you're considering taking your family over. The majority, not all, of the UCF students that walked by our spot or we saw walking in or tailgaitng near us were acting like giant aholes with huge chips on their shoulders. Do I have any factual "evidence"? Of course not, but I know what I saw ......

I can only imagine with the success the team had last year and it being on their home turf, the attitudes will be worse. I plan on going if at all possible but am not taking the family .....

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It does if you're considering taking your family over. The majority, not all, of the UCF students that walked by our spot or we saw walking in or tailgaitng near us were acting like giant aholes with huge chips on their shoulders. Do I have any factual "evidence"? Of course not, but I know what I saw ......

I can only imagine with the success the team had last year and it being on their home turf, the attitudes will be worse. I plan on going if at all possible but am not taking the family .....

They were probably mostly students.  We all know how college kids can be(look at flsportsfan for reference).  You can't tab a whole school on crazy frat people.  Trip, I'm genuinely sorry that you were hassled so much.  I do not approve of some of the things some of the "more spirited" fans do(like when we played Tulane).

As for Mike, yeah you do have a right to post.  So does STK, but we know how much credibility he has.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

I don't disagree with you, but I'm sure the USF version of that 22 and under display will be taking place this Fall in Orlando.  Nobody has a monopoly on young, drunk, stupid and proud of your team.

I guess we're getting off the bigger point that people are saying this is a detriment to going.   I highly doubt it.  I know a few family people may decide not to go, but a lot of folks will be at that one.  USF will represent well or they won't -- personally I think the game will be so big in Orlando that USF fans will be an afterthought.  

Guest BullsFans

I don't know where you park but we park in the reserved lot (#6) and had zero problems with anyone from UCF or USF that  night.

The lot was rather full that night and we wound up parking and tailgating in the last reserved row (near Himes) ...The very next row (not reserved) and as far south as the eye could see was all UCF fans who were partying (in large numbers)long before we got there.

We or anyone we know had zero problems and we didn't see any problems before, during or after the game with the exception of the mountain of trash on the ground, which as I said before was caused by the lack of adequate trash containers in the lots.  

After 39 years of hosting both college and professional football games at  Tampa Stadium you would think that the TSA would have earned how to operate the parking lots.

Excessive drinking on the part of UCF and USF students and fans is most likely the cause of any problems that may have occurred....I'm sure if you go looking for trouble you will find it....which is true just about anywhere large numbers of people gather and alcohol is being consumed.

I have no reservations about going to this years game at the Citrus Bowl.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

You would think we are playing University of Central Fallujah.  People, is not that serious.  I see more a-holes in a day's worth of driving than I see during a football game.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

Now now bullsfan, You are using eyewitness proof that there was no extreme problems that (horrible) Saturday afternoon/evening.  Mike has a much better perpestive of that day, since he was NOT there.  I was there and also saw no fights, just alot of good ol fashion tailgating between 2 universities that seemed to have a large number of both school's fans tailgating together.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Feel free to go back and look at the threads that occurred after the game, with plenty of eyewitness accounts of problems.  I suggested that before, but see nobody was willing to do that.  that's okay, we see how credible everyone is.  If they don't see it with their own two eyes, then it NEVER happened.  Yup.  Enjoy some more koolaid. ::)

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It's because unlike you, WE WERE THERE.  We know how bad things were and weren't.  From first hand experience, I know there was some overreacting from some USF fans that have never seen so many opposing tailgaters before.  I also know there were some jerkoffs from both sides.  Every school has at least one Sheriff.

You're in Detroit.  You only know what people tell you.  So who really is drinking the koolaid?  The one who is was there or the one who believed everything he read? ::)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I was there, and yes I saw some A-holes, the same a-holes that you will see at every college game.  Is just the luck of the draw, I had a great experience with the NCSU fans, while some people didn't. I encountered some idiots at the UM game while others didn't.  If a few idiots are going to prevent people from attending the game, then they should never venture outside their homes 'cause this world is full of boneheads, idiots, and the like.