• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's impact on Tampa Bay: Try $3.2 BULLion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You're changing the subject.  We were talking about the Bucs.  The Bandits were winning and the Bucs weren't at that time.  While not in town, USF has to compete with UF and FSU.  They also have to compete with the Bucs, Lightning, and even the Devil Rays for your entertainment dollar.  The support for USF has been gradually increasing and I think you'll see it continue to increase.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

This announcement was followed by a luncheon to kick off USF's 50th Anniversary.  Former University Presidents Castor, Borkowski, and Mackey where there as well as Grace Allen and Sam Gibbons.  Each of them spoke about their experience while at USF.  It was one of the best events related to USF that I have ever attended.  

A great moment was when President Borkowski presented a football to Lisa Lewis of the Alumni Association.  The football was signed by Bobby Bowden and it said (in summary) “we don’t need any more competition in Florida†– Bobby Bowden.  The football was presented from the President of FSU before a USF-FSU basketball game in 1991 back when serious discussions were taking place about starting a football team.  A great story and a overall wonderful event.  

Guest BullsFans
You're changing the subject.  We were talking about the Bucs.  The Bandits were winning and the Bucs weren't at that time.  While not in town, USF has to compete with UF and FSU.  They also have to compete with the Bucs, Lightning, and even the Devil Rays for your entertainment dollar.  The support for USF has been gradually increasing and I think you'll see it continue to increase.

No I am not...actually we are talking about the Bulls and the problem of selling tickets.

The Bandit's were new guys on the block, yet they were able to sell tickets...ya might consider giving some credit  to good marketing.

What kind of increase are you referring to?   I haven't noticed anything significant in the last year.  IMO, home team attendance is rather dismal.  

How many more season tickets were sold  in 2005 than in 2004?

Yes, competition is stiff for the entertainment dollar, just as it is in most other businesses...what is USF doing to sell it's football team and put butts in the seats?

What's the sense in rushing to compete with the big dogs when you only have  puppies?  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The Bandit's were new guys on the block, yet they were able to sell tickets...ya might consider giving some credit  to good marketing.

You're right, they had good marketing.  However, the USFL had a lot to do with it.