• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thread of Positivity

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Don't get it twisted, I don't intend to look past or sugar coat the pain we endured on the field today. Trust me, I was there, Sec. 542, row 7, seat 23 (which actually wasn't as bad a seat as it sounds). Our performance on the offensive side of the ball sucked and thank goodness for our defense--who has every right to beat the sh!t out of our offense for making them work extra hard and extra long--for at least keeping it to a manageable shut-out (if there is such a thing). But this thread's for the smiles. What was good about this weekend? What are you going to happily take iwth you about this game and this experience, despite getting schooled?I've got a few:

-Except for once I realized we didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, I had a good time the whole trip. I got to catch up with a friend of mine and I saw more green and gold in one place than I have since I left Tampa.

-Say what you want, I say we won halftime. I'm fairly certain the "Power Sound of the South" was NC State's basketball pep band who they put some uniforms on and taught how to march. Props for their ranks and song selections, but I think the HOT clearly had them, and I was MUCH impressed with their performance over the last time I saw them last football season.

-$12 Chicken fingers and beer, breakfast of champions!

Also, to the folks who saw the game on TV, how'd it look? Besides the obvious, or course...

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

i 'm with you drummer boy.  I saw the same lousy offensive game from sec 349 row 7.  I had a great time partying with Bulls fans that I have never met and haven't seen in a while.  Folks, as bad as the game was, we were at least playing when a lot of other teams were not.  Although it really didn't do much for us (the exposure sucked), I got to see #2 run some more and our defense play another great game and the punter throw the best pass of the day after he almost didn't make it.  Happy New Year to everyone and let's keep these bowl games coming.  They are a lot of fun and hope everyone starts saving their pennies now so they have no excuses for next year.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Also, to the folks who saw the game on TV, how'd it look? Besides the obvious, or course...

For the first 20 minutes of play or so, we looked good.  Not great, but good.  Defense was killing them, and offense wasat least moving the ball a bit.  After that point, we looked like Miami looked against LSU last night - like a freaking prep team.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Yeah, I was really bummed at the game too, but I had more fun during that trip during any other bulls event.  It's like a weekend long celebration of Bulls football!  ;D

If you couldn't make this trip, but plan on making a trip to a bowl game later, I would highly recommend it!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

1.  Our defense stood on its head.  They were PHENOMENAL.

2.  Our band whooped up on NC State's band like there was no tomorrow.  NC State fans came up to me in our hotel bar and APOLOGIZED for how bad their band was, and complimented us on having such a great band!  (I was shocked, btw... but the band did kick ass).

3.  NC State fans were classy, almost to a man.  After handing us our lunch, there was no gloating or bragging on the way out of the stadium.  They were gracious in victory.

4.  Charlotte is a great city.  If you didn't come up here, you missed out.

5.  It was nice meeting everyone from this board in the various bars around the city.

One of my alma maters may have lost, but the other is an established record breaking DYNASTY on the chess board!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/education/bal-te.md.chess31dec31,1,6518164.story?coll=bal-home-headlines

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usfmikeb posts-For the first 20 minutes of play or so, we looked good.-

I POST HE WAS WATCHING DIFFERENT GAME

AEI POSTS-1.  Our defense stood on its head.  They were PHENOMENAL.

I POST OUR DEFENSE NEEDED TO GET TURNOVERS AND CONVERT THEM INTO SCORES.THEY DIDN'T DO IT

IF WE WERE PHENOMENIAL WHat do you call the defense that shut usf out?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

I think if you didn't go see your school's first bowl game in person, then you should be banned from posting 100 inane post about the game.

Congrats to all the Bulls fans that did go to their first bowl game.

usfmikeb posts-For the first 20 minutes of play or so, we looked good.-

I POST HE WAS WATCHING DIFFERENT GAME

AEI POSTS-1.  Our defense stood on its head.  They were PHENOMENAL.

I POST OUR DEFENSE NEEDED TO GET TURNOVERS AND CONVERT THEM INTO SCORES.THEY DIDN'T DO IT

IF WE WERE PHENOMENIAL WHat do you call the defense that shut usf out?

And I post--you'll note it says Thread of POSITIVITY. Reading is fundamental.

C'mon. Dig deep. There's nothing positive you have to say?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

That was about 3/5 of the NCSU normal band and it leaves a lot to be desired at full strength.  NCSU needs to add a music program and we need to recruit more students to give of their time to be part of the band.  Being a band member is mostly GIVE and I respect those that take the time to be a member.  I've seen Minnesota (nearly 600 strong) and OSU bands and they ROCK!!!  After the triple overtime loss to OSU 2 years ago, I sat in the Shoe and watched the OSU band perform for an hour after the game.  About 200 people were still there when I left (of the 105,000).  They played the NC state fight song twice during that hour.  I'm glad you were treated well and liked our Queen City (Charlotte).