• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Devil Rays getting respect, looking to win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Alot of people are citing the Devil Rays as the most improved team this year (possibly).  Many people are saying they could finish as high as 3rd, if they find some pitchers who can give them decent outings.  Nice to see the Rays finally coming around, somewhat.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Alot of people are citing the Devil Rays as the most improved team this year (possibly).  Many people are saying they could finish as high as 3rd, if they find some pitchers who can give them decent outings.  Nice to see the Rays finally coming around, somewhat.

Every thing I read had Rays in last again. The rays have finished last every year in the east since they started playing ball and this year will be no different.  They have some great young players but no pitching at all.  Toronto has a very good team and Baltimore just added a ton of payroll.  NY and BOS are definately the top two teams.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  14

Every thing I read had Rays in last again. The rays have finished last every year in the east since they started playing ball and this year will be no different.  They have some great young players but no pitching at all.  Toronto has a very good team and Baltimore just added a ton of payroll.  NY and BOS are definately the top two teams.

I think their pitching will be ok enough to get them out of the cellar.  They have a loaded, young lineup and it will produce alot of runs.  Lets put it this way- if they finish in last this year, then they may NEVER get out of the cellar, or make any kind of dent in the win column.

I think their pitching will be ok enough to get them out of the cellar.  They have a loaded, young lineup and it will produce alot of runs.  Lets put it this way- if they finish in last this year, then they may NEVER get out of the cellar, or make any kind of dent in the win column.

I agree that the team is much improved and is making major strided in right direction under Lou but they are in the beast and bosox, yanks, blue jays, orioles all have a ton more cash to spend.  I think if Rays were in the central they could finish around .500 and be in running for playoffs for most of the year.  Rays have bad starting pitching as their top starter probably wouldnt make bosox or yanks rotation.  They have a thin bullpen, No middle infield that can hit, no third baseman.  They have a great outfield, a decent catcher, Huff is a stud.  Upton and Young will be there soon but they need pitching bad.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

now beat yanks 2 out of 3

now beat yanks 2 out of 3

I hope they take 18 of 19 this year.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I hope they take 18 of 19 this year.  

I'd take 18-144 if that was the case ..................

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that is the case ;)

I'd take 18-144 if that was the case ..................

Id like to see them take out bluejays, orioles, angels, a's and mariners and lose every other game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

wouldn't that put them in 1st in the east?

18 wins over yanks

roughly 15 for toronto/baltomore

8 for each of the angles, a's, mariners...

that is 102 wins guaranteed 1st or 2nd place in east.

lol