• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players In Meineke Car Care Bowl Visit Sick Childr

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Players In Meineke Car Care Bowl Visit Sick Children

http://www.wsoctv.com/sports/5691351/detail.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Preparations are underway for football fever. North Carolina State will play South Florida Saturday in the Meineke Car Care Bowl at Bank of America stadium.

Wednesday morning players and coaches from both teams brought the game indoors and paid a special visit to the children's hospital at Carolinas Medical Center.

The sick children got autographed team photos and posed for pictures with players.

Team members also made "sideline" visits to the bedsides of children who are unable to leave their rooms.

Meineke will present a $50,000 check to the children's hospital during the Meineke Car Care Bowl on December 31.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

December 28, 2005) Charlotte, NC -- The USF Bulls football team got in about 45 minutes of practice at Providence Day School today before lightning forced the team into the gym for another 90 minutes of practice. But head coach Jim Leavitt was not bothered by the forced change.

"We were going at it pretty good in those first 45 minutes outside," Leavitt said. "But the lightning came and it was an easy decision to move inside. I would have brought them back out, but with the wet field I didn't want anyone slipping and pulling a muscle or something like that so close to the game. Of course we had to be careful inside with socks on the gym floor. But, I'm pleased with the workout."

Leavitt and five USF players - Andre Hall, D'Juan Brown, Terrence Royal, Tim Jones and Johnnie Jones spent about 90 minutes at the Levine Children's Hospital this morning.

"Those kids are the ones with all the courage," said Leavitt after the visit. "They've got more courage then any of us."

USF will practice again Thursday morning at 9 a.m. before a team visit to the Charlotte Motor Speedway, where players will be treated to a lap in a race car.

The Bulls meet North Carolina State Saturday morning at 11 a.m. in Bank of America Stadium.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Nice to see the guys brightening some youngsters day.  One of those warmups would really brighten my day!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Notice how USF got the practice field with dead grass and dirt while NCS practices on live green grass.  HMMMMMMM.

http://isis.fastmail.usf.edu/usf-athletics/practice_07.JPG

http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/ncst-m-footbl-body-main.html

Guest BullsFans

Ever hear of dormant grass?...not a bad practice surface at all...it would be green if they fertilized it...but it's better for the grass to be left dormant.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Ever hear of dormant grass?...not a bad practice surface at all...it would be green if they fertilized it...but it's better for the grass to be left dormant.

I understand dormant grass.  However, it would be nice to practice on a surface similar to game day conditions.  I am sure the grass at BofA stadium will not be dormant.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

they better isnt across for the campus