• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

She is not listed on the roster yet at school's website; however, USF women's basketball, per WBBBlog, added Fatou Diakite, a 6'3" center who played her freshman season at Charlotte last year. At first glance, she does not look to be anything special, but seems like she could develop into a decent player by her junior season. She shot 36% from the floor last year on 73 attempts. As CJF says, no bueno.

So, it looks like Mputu will be our starter at center next season, with Diakite and Silva getting some time for defensive purposes. If so, I think we are improved offensively over last year at center with Mputu. The rest of the other roster positions are pretty strong, whether it be starters or bench players. I would say that the only weakness on the this team would be centers off the bench and height if Mputu has to defend centers several inches taller than she is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

She is not listed on the roster yet at school's website; however, USF women's basketball, per WBBBlog, added Fatou Diakite, a 6'3" center who played her freshman season at Charlotte last year. At first glance, she does not look to be anything special, but seems like she could develop into a decent player by her junior season. She shot 36% from the floor last year on 73 attempts. As CJF says, no bueno.

So, it looks like Mputu will be our starter at center next season, with Diakite and Silva getting some time for defensive purposes. If so, I think we are improved offensively over last year at center with Mputu. The rest of the other roster positions are pretty strong, whether it be starters or bench players. I would say that the only weakness on the this team would be centers off the bench and height if Mputu has to defend centers several inches taller than she is.

We got handled last year at the center position specially with the P5 schools. I watched a lot games and I would say Mputu should be a power forward she is way to skinny and not tall enough. She gives great effort but she couldn’t handle those tall centers last year.Maybe the 6’4 Brazilian junior college transfer will step up who’s knows. Our center just has to be good on defense and rebound doesn’t really have to score since we will have a lot that already.