• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for USF Fans.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

I've noticed tonight after watching the Fresno St./Boise St. game a huge trend in using the "noise bangers".  They've become pretty popular lately.  I've seen them at Lightning games and NBA games and other sports...especially more so now in college football.  Our student section uses them and bigtime.

Does USF ever use these...if not...why?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Ummm I dont remember seeing them at the big-time schools ala PSU and Miami...Actually tonight was the first night I have seen them in CF...Plus arent we not aloud to use artificial noise makers??

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

thundersticks are incredibly gay... they should NEVER be used in college football

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

overrated, if you ask me.. homefield advantage is overrated in the big east, to be quite honest... i think, in this conference, its more about the talent on the field... we've got the talent, its an issue of if we're coached enough

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

thundersticks are incredibly gay...

That's the exact thought I had about them........ not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thundersticks reminded me of the Lightning which reminded me that at the last Bolts game I went to, some knucklehead was trying to get a Wave going in the upper deck. It was embarrassing ....

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We did have those thunderstick things at Midnight (9pm) Mania.  I haven't seen them at any other even though.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  127

Bullieve it or not, they actually did pass out USF thundersticks for the USF@Pitt game in the Sundome.   Wonder if this will be something we'll see more of at BB games?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I dont think they would be affective in an outdoor stadium of even a dome large enough for football...they are for basketball and hockey and should stay there....if we were allowed to bring those in..I think we should be able to bring in cowbells

It's hard to really make noise with 'thundersticks' in a spacious outdoor arena... voices carry a lot farther.  Indoors, however, when they can echo, they sound louder.

I have seen them in a lot of college basketball arenas, but not so many football stadiums.  Maybe that's what USF will do.

Remember, though, thundersticks cost money.  If USF doesn't use them, it's be cause we'd rather spend the money on other things.