• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

synthetic turf shoes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

has 'cuse upgraded to the fieldturf or are they still the old carpet??

the fieldturf stuff is amazing.  the IM fields here at UT are the fieldturf and it is interesting stuff.  It can be kinda slick at times, but for the most part plays pretty similar to a grass field

found my own answer:

The floor surface has an asphalt base topped with 3/8-inch of Rubaturf. For football, soccer and lacrosse, the entire arena floor - 82,000 square feet - is covered with 1 1/4-inch carpet of Astro Turf/foam pad, which was replaced in 1993. The Astro Turf consists of 26 rolls that are 15 feet wide by 215 feet long. The floor surface is 215 feet wide by 405 feet long. The carpet is put down utilizing a special machine called a "Grasshopper", and is held together by zippers. In August of 2005, the Astro Turf will be replaced with permanent, state-of-the-art Field Turf.

looks like we got lucky, the whole carpet hold together by zippers does not sound safe at all